Live upset thread!

O's are Legends

CSU is running Wake right now.

ACC not looking good thus far in the tourney.

Big 12 is 6-0.

Part of the reason I took Mizzou for the Final 4 is because I felt the Big 12 was the most underrated conference this year -- I thought I wrote that in a post before the tourney started but I guess I didn't -- damn lol.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CSU is running Wake right now.

ACC not looking good thus far in the tourney.

Big 12 is 6-0.

Not suprising. I expect only Duke and UNC to survive this weekend. Maybe Florida St too. The ACC has recently been very top heavy. When was the last time a non top 2 ACC team made a deep tourny run, say to the Elite 8????

Not suprising. I expect only Duke and UNC to survive this weekend. Maybe Florida St too. The ACC has recently been very top heavy. When was the last time a non top 2 ACC team made a deep tourny run, say to the Elite 8????

Georgia Tech made the title game a few years back, and of course Maryland in '01 and '02.

LOL at people who have Wake in the Final Four. Anyboy who watched any ACC ball this year should know how bad Wake played away from Winston Salem. I wanted so badly to pull the trigger on Clev St though I didn't do it. However, I have Wake losing to Arizona in all but one of my brackets and in that one I have them losing to Louisville.

Wake seriously suffers from the faucet syndrome (maybe I just made that up) you just can't turn "it" on whenever you feel. You have to play good ball and stay focused but they think they can just lay an egg to UMD in the ACCtrny and all of a sudden be ready for the big dance; the exact reason I liked Cleveland State in this game – they’re playing real good as they beat Butler in the Horizon championship and have played with focus up to this point. They didn’t have the option to take a game off. Even if Wake comes back and wins the game, they're not going far at all. On a side note, Clemson again?

Georgia Tech made the title game a few years back, and of course Maryland in '01 and '02.

I just looked it up. You're correct from the criteria I mentioned however both finished 3rd in the conference and both were 3 seeds entering the tourny so not quite the point I was trying to make. To be more specific every year when you look at the Elite Eight you see a suprise team(s) there, at least a 4 seed or lower. The last time a 4 seed or lower made the Elite Eight from the ACC it was Carolina in 2000.

I just looked it up. You're correct from the criteria I mentioned however both finished 3rd in the conference and both were 3 seeds entering the tourny so not quite the point I was trying to make. To be more specific every year when you look at the Elite Eight you see a suprise team there say at least a 4 seed or lower. The last time a 4 seed or lower made the Elite Eight from the ACC it was Carolina in 2000.

Cool. I just assumed you meant besides Duke or Carolina. All clear now.

Wake seriously suffers from the faucet syndrome (maybe I just made that up) you just can't turn "it" on whenever you feel. You have to play good ball and stay focused but they think they can just lay an egg to UMD in the ACCtrny and all of a sudden be ready for the big dance; the exact reason I liked Cleveland State in this game – they’re playing real good as they beat Butler in the Horizon championship and have played with focus up to this point. They didn’t have the option to take a game off. Even if Wake comes back and wins the game' date=' they're not going far at all. On a side note, Clemson again?[/quote']

That's the coaches job. Why he can't get through to them is beyond me. This team has the talent to win the National Title. Wake fans must be beyond frustrated.

Wake seriously suffers from the faucet syndrome (maybe I just made that up) you just can't turn "it" on whenever you feel. You have to play good ball and stay focused but they think they can just lay an egg to UMD in the ACCtrny and all of a sudden be ready for the big dance; the exact reason I liked Cleveland State in this game – they’re playing real good as they beat Butler in the Horizon championship and have played with focus up to this point. They didn’t have the option to take a game off. Even if Wake comes back and wins the game' date=' they're not going far at all. On a side note, Clemson again?[/quote']

Wake reminds me a lot of the mid '90s Maryland teams. Teams that were very athletic but not good fundamentally sound teams. Well I should say late '90s not mid '90s.

Archived