Thursday 6/13 vs. Atlanta

86this

11 minutes ago, justD said:

Either the Braves are on the cusp of waking up after this short skid they've had, or else the schedule is starting to take its toll on the Os. 

There's been a lot going on in this game that looks like fatigue, but glad ATL is heading out of town. 

The schedule is about to get alot more difficult with series against the Phillies, Yankees, and others on the Horizon. 

Just now, bpilktree said:

They made a few plays and got a few weak hits but we gave them some runs as well.  Still 2 out of 3 isn’t bad.  

Indeed.  The Braves are much better than they have been playing even w/o Acuna.  Glad we caught them when they were pretty cold.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Fine, but I think they should be limited to not being more than 1/2" longer than the end of the fingers. I have no data or anything else to back up my observation that some of them seem to extend the hand farther than that.

I agree there should be limits. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• In terms of energy?   e = 1/2 mv^2 football: 60 mph -> 26.8 m/s, 14.5 oz = .411 kg.  1/2 * (26.8^2) * .411 = 147.5 joules. baseball: 102 mph -> 45.59 m/s, 5 oz = .142 kg.  1/2 * (45.59^2) * .142 = 147.5 joules.   I don't think they're 100% equivalent - I think the higher raw speed on the arm of a 102 mph pitch introduces more stress on the arm than a 60 mph football throw.  But they're not that far off.
    • There is no chance that over 60 mph for a QB is the equivalent of 102.  QBs do not train for velocity like pitchers do. 
    • I would prefer they ask for Jon Gray in spite of the Orioles destroying him in his last start - he wouldn't have to face the Orioles lineup again.
    • He makes $43 million this year. The Mets are paying $21 million of that. I don’t think we pick up the remaining $10+ post deadline for 10-12 starts. It would just depend on what Texas would ask for to pick up the tab. 
    • Haynie on 105.7, has been beating the Luis Robert drum for months on the O’s pre game show. So I think that’s why people like the idea of Robert. Robert also is always hurt.  We need a bat. Probably a RH bat to DH in the playoffs versus a LH SP. That bat is Mayo. It’s just hard to get Mayo up before September when we get the extra roster spot. 
    • Holliday went 1 for 2 with 3 walks on Friday night. 2024: .444 OBP, .911 OPS MiLB Career: .447 OBP, .931 OPS His OBP is EXACTLY what this O's team needs, would fill a key offensive weakness at 2nd base, help grind opposing pitching, and magnify the power up and down the lineup.  It's all dependent on his ability to throw and play 2B at a passable level. If Holliday starts to hit at the ML level, the question of who bats leadoff is over for the foreseeable future and we can go back to complaining about 1 slumping hitter or backup catcher at the bottom of the lineup.
    • This. We literally have no lineup holes right now, and Mayo, Norby, Jax lurk. Any trade discussion should center around the four most essential and crucial elements to O's success for the balance of the regular season and playoffs: 1. pitching 2. pitching 3. pitching 4. damn, forgot the 4th one. oh yeah, its pitching.
  • Popular Contributors