Friday 6/14 vs Philadelphia

Morgan423

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I know. Just saying he would be nice to have in October. 

There is a tear of some sort. We know that. 

In the current state of MLB this is par for the course. As I stated earlier to Roy, the silver lining in this is that we can get a comparable starting pitcher via trade if need be.

I know Elias is very apprehensive about surrendering talent AND many posters don't like the idea of trading any good prospects. But we may not have a choice if we want to try to win it all this year. 

This is why I don't believe that it is wise to punt on present opportunities for the sake future possibilities. Because there are no certainties when it comes to injuries. 

7 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Got a kick out of them showing the Andino game winner against Papelbon.  Took my mind off worrying about Bradish, if only for a little.

Tanaka pitched with a similar injury.  There were times where his velocity would be down and it looked like he was injured.  He would then work through it.  

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

In the current state of MLB this is par for the course. As I stated earlier to Roy, the silver lining in this is that we can get a comparable starting pitcher via trade if need be.

I know Elias is very apprehensive about surrendering talent AND many posters don't like the idea of trading any good prospects. But we may not have a choice if we want to try to win it all this year. 

This is why I don't believe that it is wise to punt on present opportunities for the sake future possibilities. Because there are no certainties when it comes to injuries. 

Not sure who you are going to trade for that is a Bradish comp.  He has been pretty damn good. 

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Tanaka pitched with a similar injury.  There were times where his velocity would be down and it looked like he was injured.  He would then work through it.  

My memory is a little hazy these days but I don't think Tanaka threw as hard as Bradish (?) 

In any case I'm not saying it's 100% the worst case scenario, but the optics don't look good.  I guess at the end of the day, all we can do is hope.

39 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

The silver lining is that we have a great and deep farm system to supplement/boost the rotation if need be.

Only a matter of when and for whom. Unfortunately it wasn’t yesterday, for someone really elite.

Maybe tomorrow…

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Bingo.  The Orioles signed Kimbrel in December. The Orioles traded for Burnes at the beginning of February (supposedly before Bradish's injury). The Orioles sale to Rubenstein wasn't approved until the end of March. I don't buy into any notion that Rubenstein was running this club and making player personnel decisions prior to approval (and process didn't even start until 1/31!).  My gut is Angelos told Elias his payroll was X and Elias was able to stay within those numbers. That number isn't going to change unless Rubenstein infuses extra capital into the payroll of the team, and owners rarely do that, or changing margin expectations (possible). And it certainly wasn't going to change until *after* the sale was approved.
    • To be honest, a good bit of their post season failure has been due to Kershaw continuing time and time again to come up small in the big moments. In his illustrious career he has had what 4 good postseasons (one being 2020)? The rest have been bad to down right didn't even give the team a fighting chance. Last season's 162.00 ERA or 1 out for 6 ERs really is symbolic (especially if it was his last one ever). I can't think of a single great player who has come up small in big moments so often.
    • When that is the case, Westburg will have priority play still.  Mayo and Holliday share the reps to fill out the 2B/3B PAs (and DH and possibly 1B and OF too).
    • It would be insane, honestly. We have so many guys who know the zone at an incredible level. If they had a challenge system, I have no doubt in my mind we would lead the league in overturned strike challenges. 
    • Not just ours, but everyone's, really. I found it interesting that @Tony-OHsaid that he thinks they could be introduced at the MLB next season.  I'd love to know why he thinks/feels that way...I'd be stoked if that happened.  I have my doubts that it'd be that soon but I'd love to be wrong. In regards to Holliday, it's so tough to predict what kind of hitter he'll be.  I mean, I don't think anyone was considering Gunnar Henderson to be what he is right now.  I can see a scenario where Holliday is every bit the hitter that Gunnar is, I can also see a scenario where he's a guy that's somewhere between a .750 and .825 OPS yearly.  
    • Speaking of Holiday , I’m coming around to the idea that they should him continue work on 2B and devote more time to CF . I can picture Holiday being adaptable to CF . His size seems fit protype CF .   I don’t know what will happen with Mullins and Bradfield still bit away. Our infield getting too crowded 
    • Mayo may very well be our 28th man come September and be a shoe in for the postseason roster.  His role will be DH versus LH SP while Adley catches.   
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now