O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

7 minutes ago, gallden said:

Volpe is an elite defensive SS.  I don’t watch Yankee games but he made a few really nice plays over the three games. 

Ben Rice seems like a nice kid, wonder when that will change?

I was impressed by both as well.  

11 minutes ago, gallden said:

Volpe is an elite defensive SS.  I don’t watch Yankee games but he made a few really nice plays over the three games. 

Ben Rice seems like a nice kid, wonder when that will change?

He's a fantastic defensive SS. The best in the AL probably. It's funny because my lifelong Yankee fan friends think Jeter was just as good with the glove.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

He's a fantastic defensive SS. The best in the AL probably. It's funny because my lifelong Yankee fan friends think Jeter was just as good with the glove.

I’ve heard he’s an all around great guy.  Stinks he plays on the Yankees, but have a soft spot for guys like him who bust their butt and do things the right way. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I’ve heard he’s an all around great guy.  Stinks he plays on the Yankees, but have a soft spot for guys like him who bust their butt and do things the right way. 

Yeah, Jersey kid grew up a Yankee fan. Sure am glad they took him instead of Gunnar in 2019, though.

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yankee fans that don't want to admit that Jeter was a defensive liability are the absolute worst.  

• Like 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Yankee fans that don't want to admit that Jeter was a defensive liability are the absolute worst.  

I almost got into a fight with a Detective I worked with back in 2008 for telling him Jeter was a shit defensive shortstop lol.

Just now, Malike said:

I almost got into a fight with a Detective I worked with back in 2008 for telling him Jeter was a shit defensive shortstop lol.

Let me guess, let me guess... "The jump throws!" and "The flip against Oakland!"  and "Diving into the stands!"

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Let me guess, let me guess... "The jump throws!" and "The flip against Oakland!"  and "Diving into the stands!"

Haha, yeah. I told him he had the range of a statue.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

MLB had a graphic Gil's spin was tremendously off season standard - about 1000 on the slider and 500 on the fastball.

Velocity was in line so the analyst was thinking mechanics.

I believe the guys made Burnes the league ERA leader this afternoon.

My guess is he had trouble gripping the ball because of some sort of open callous. Just a guess, but goes along with his innings pitched at this level thus far.

33 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Why does Boone's office look like it's set up in the locker room of an 70s YMCA with asbestos? 

It looks exactly like the office my gym teacher had in high school in the 1990s. I guess the Yankees have to skimp on some amenities to afford all those high priced players. 

• Upvote 1

Yankees defense, or obvious lack thereof, has weighed considerably towards their defeat in every one of their losses to the Orioles thus far. It’s not just ability either, it’s also decision making on and off the field.

Edited by RichmondVA Orio

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

When defense was measured by Web Gems instead of by dWAR and Statcast. 

Not that our current metrics are perfect but they're better than "which plays did the ESPN intern notice."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Doesn't sound like a good detective.