This team isn’t winning anything unless it trades Holliday, Bassallo or Mayo

DirtyBird

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

He misses Phil Mycrackin

Well, Yes, I got that, but I have no idea what that means.

I realize it is probably something like Bart calling Moe and asking for a guy named,” Hugh Jass,” but I still don’t get it, and by now the joke is probably stale so no need to explain it.

5 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

What a moronic post. Truly. This place never ceases to amaze. Grow the bats, buy the arms. You know what? Forget even explaining the methodology to you. You’re frankly not worth the time it would take to do so. Find another team to be a fan of so we don’t have to suffer your exceptional lack of acumen.

Yes - please explain what arms we have bought, or are available to buy?

Also, wouldn’t trading bats for arms be “buying arms”. 

Maybe you are the moron…

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Was he?  Phil Beckett?   He was annoying whatever his profession was.

Yes I was referring to Dr. Phil, who is the only famous Phil that I know. And I never saw a minute of his television appearances, but I still know who the guy is and I wish I did not.

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Yes - please explain what arms we have bought, or are available to buy?

Also, wouldn’t trading bats for arms be “buying arms”. 

Maybe you are the moron…

They bought Kimbrel!

Whoohoo.

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Cool. They can’t hit and and no team wins the World Series not being able to hit.

It’s a win for those teams if they just make the playoffs.   I’m sure we can find some below average offenses that won the WS also.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It’s a win for those teams if they just make the playoffs.   I’m sure we can find some below average offenses that won the WS also.

I guess you could find some. Maybe the Giants teams from 10+ years ago. 

21 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well, Yes, I got that, but I have no idea what that means.

I realize it is probably something like Bart calling Moe and asking for a guy named,” Hugh Jass,” but I still don’t get it, and by now the joke is probably stale so no need to explain it.

Hugh Jass. That was a good one.

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Dylan and Holiday were both trained by their dads since they were in the crib to play baseball.  It is really all they have ever done as their dads obsessively made them train and play baseball.   That is all they did.  Read about it. 

By the time Bundy hit age 20?  He was burned out mentally.  Had reached his peak as far as talent, and the injuries started to happen.

I see this in  JH.   I don't see elite athletic ability.  I see a kid who has trained physically his entire life to play baseball, hence why he was always ahead of kids his age.   But now?  He is peaked out.  Now that he is starting to hit is low 20s and the other more athletic kids are catching up.

He is never going to be who people said he was going to be.  He even says his younger bro, who is taller and bigger, is a better athlete and baseball player.   He is 6'4" and 195.  He dwarfs Jackson and is a way better overall athlete. 

Hate to say it , but I agree with a lot of this. I know he was only up a couple of weeks but his performance made very anxious. My worst case thoughts were did we just hit on baseball's version of  tony mandarich?

6 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Hate to say it , but I agree with a lot of this. I know he was only up a couple of weeks but his performance made very anxious. My worst case thoughts were did we just hit on baseball's version of  tony mandarich?

Todd Marinovich

Well that is my point.  Bundy never really played any other sports other than baseball.  Everything he did revolved around baseball.   Remember the stories about his dad would make him throw heavy balls super long distances to improve his velocity? 

Pepperidge Farms remembers. 

Tiger has had the same issues and so is Bryson D when it comes to golf.  A body can only take so much of one particular sport.    That is why it is imo better to play all kinds of different sports as a kid.  

Bundy's arm and his mental psyche, by the time he it age 20, was already in decline.  He was worn out.  By the time he got up to the majors he was still good, but on the decline.  And he just kept declining. 

I see and read the exact same stories about Jackson.  How he was 'trained' to be a baseball player.  The thing is he isn't really a great athlete.  He plays baseball well because that is what he was trained to do since he was a baby.  Not because of some elite athleticism.  He is what...5'11" and 180?  I am much bigger than that.   He is by no means a physical specimen like a 6'3" 220 pound Gunnar or even his 6'4" inch 200 pound brother.

You can believe it or not, and I know everyone wants to believe that JH is going to be a superstar, but seeing his physical attributes (which are average at best) and how he was so overmatched this spring?   All I see is a steady player.   A decent player.  Not a superstar.

Plus as I said he is already getting hurt.  And it's an 'elbow'.  That is a sign of wear and tear.  On a 20 year old lol.  And not even a pitcher.

Which is why you trade him now.

Tiger was great, my Guy was always Jack, who did not start playing until he was 10 and played other sports. After age 30 started playing a condensed schedule, focused around the Majors. Spent more time with his Family and his business interests and had more shelf life than Woods, who won 4 majors after age 3o, Jack won 10, not to mention all time top 5

Well that is my point.  Bundy never really played any other sports other than baseball.  Everything he did revolved around baseball.   Remember the stories about his dad would make him throw heavy balls super long distances to improve his velocity? 

Pepperidge Farms remembers. 

Tiger has had the same issues and so is Bryson D when it comes to golf.  A body can only take so much of one particular sport.    That is why it is imo better to play all kinds of different sports as a kid.  

Bundy's arm and his mental psyche, by the time he it age 20, was already in decline.  He was worn out.  By the time he got up to the majors he was still good, but on the decline.  And he just kept declining. 

I see and read the exact same stories about Jackson.  How he was 'trained' to be a baseball player.  The thing is he isn't really a great athlete.  He plays baseball well because that is what he was trained to do since he was a baby.  Not because of some elite athleticism.  He is what...5'11" and 180?  I am much bigger than that.   He is by no means a physical specimen like a 6'3" 220 pound Gunnar or even his 6'4" inch 200 pound brother.

You can believe it or not, and I know everyone wants to believe that JH is going to be a superstar, but seeing his physical attributes (which are average at best) and how he was so overmatched this spring?   All I see is a steady player.   A decent player.  Not a superstar.

Plus as I said he is already getting hurt.  And it's an 'elbow'.  That is a sign of wear and tear.  On a 20 year old lol.  And not even a pitcher.

Which is why you trade him now.

Just so we are clear are you talking about the Dylan Bundy that made 29MM by age 30 & Tiger Woods who is worth 1.3BB?  Like, He should have won more tournaments and would have been more successful if  he played hockey or something?  

The multi sport things is good for some and not for others.  Like everything in life there is nuance and there is not one recipe for success.  Some players benefit from focus on one while others benefit from focus on multiple sports.  

17 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Can’t compare a pitcher and a position player IMO. Especially in this era.