Heston Kjerstad 2024

35 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

He was in the lineup the very next day and then scratched and put on the IL. I'm sure its also possible that Heston was completely straightforward with him symptoms originally.

Probably felt fine after tests. Then regressed. Concussions aren’t linear. They did the right thing.

“He went out and took batting practice and just wasn’t feeling real well, and he did all the tests and everything this morning,” Hyde said. “They felt comfortable about him going out there. Once the day kind of started going along and he got out in the sun and started moving around, he started to not feel as good.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Hopefully he can be a bat off the Bench for the playoffs.

Fingers crossed. Him getting beaned right when he was starting to really show his stuff is the most disappointing thing about this season for me. Not sure who has to go down for him to make the playoff roster. Interesting choices to come.

2 minutes ago, 1fingerwillie said:

Fingers crossed. Him getting beaned right when he was starting to really show his stuff is the most disappointing thing about this season for me. Not sure who has to go down for him to make the playoff roster. Interesting choices to come.

Well we won’t have as many pitchers, so that’s one potential move. 

• Upvote 1

At this point, I’m only concerned about 2025 and beyond for Kjerstad.  If his symptoms don’t hinder the rest of his career or affect his health outside of baseball long term, that’s a win.   I’ll be pretty surprised if he returns to the major league roster this year.  

40 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

How many guys can we possibly have coming back the last 2-3 weeks of the season? Playoff roster could be completely different from what we are seeing right now, or maybe not. 

Well, let's see.

Webb in, Smith/Bowman/Irvin out
Coulombe in, Smith/Bowman/Irvin out
Westburg in, Rivera/Mayo out
Mountcastle in, Rivera/Mayo out
Grayson in, Povich out
Kjerstad in, Maton out

That would be the rosiest possible scenario. 

Edited by interloper

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

Well, let's see.

Webb in, Smith/Bowman/Irvin out
Coulombe in, Smith/Bowman/Irvin out
Westburg in, Rivera/Mayo out
Mountcastle in, Rivera/Mayo out
Grayson in, Povich out
Kjerstad in, Maton out

That would be the rosiest possible scenario. 

Urias too!