7/6 Game two versus Oakland

accinfo

4 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

I'm not trying to be rude by asking this, but how can some people be so upset when we will be leading our division by two games after this? It's one game. We will right the ship soon. I have concerns about the pitching too, but we are having a great season, and I can't imagine that we stay put at the deadline. Now if that happens, I will be upset, but the AL doesn't have a juggernaut team that we should be afraid of. 

No one would consider this rude. 

But some might consider this rude: the chicken littles that freak the **** out after every loss are borderline insufferable. Had you come into this thread and not known the Orioles were in first place, you might have thought this was a game thread from 2019. 

Over 162 games, you’re bound to have a few of these game where your blown out early. You’re also bound to have some where you blow out the other team and it’s a laugher. You’re bound to win some games you probably shouldn’t win and you’re bound to blow some games you shouldn’t. 

These things even out over a season and when you’re as good as the Orioles have been, they tend to tilt in your favor. 

The chicken littles who think a game like this is an indictment on what’s to come for the rest of the season for the Orioles seem to have just recently started watching baseball and have no comprehension of what I’ve explained above. 

Some of you will read this and understand it and shrug your shoulders and agree. Some will be upset by it. And if you’re upset by it, I’m probably talking about you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

I guess technically with the off day he'd be on regular rest Tuesday. But knowing Hyde, he'll keep everyone on regular turn. Kremer Burnes Suarez  vs CHC and Povich Grod Kremer vs NYY 

I think organization likes giving starters extra day off. That said Burnes had week of before last start. 

I would be tempted to go

Burnes 

Kremer

Povich 

Suarez 

Grod 

Burnes 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

2018 Tillman was one of the sadder things I have witness on a baseball field.

Was just insane they even gave him a contract after 2017.

Would like to know backstory there. Brady influence? Buck? Who knows. 

5 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Yes but this doesn't include Dylan Bundy's start against KC where he gave up 7 runs and didn't record an out. Arguably the worst start in Orioles history.

I don’t miss those days. 

14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm fine with the team, but burning out this bullpen is what concerns me. They need to get through the next 8 days until the all star break. I'm hoping by the 31st we see Elias acquire a couple pitchers.

How can you avoid burning the bullpen when the starter lasts 1 inning? These things happen. Moves will be made.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No one would consider this rude. 

But some might consider this rude: the chicken littles that freak the **** out after every loss are borderline insufferable. Had you come into this thread and not known the Orioles were in first place, you might have thought this was a game thread from 2019. 

Over 162 games, you’re bound to have a few of these game where your blown out early. You’re also bound to have some where you blow out the other team and it’s a laugher. You’re bound to win some games you probably shouldn’t win and you’re bound to blow some games you shouldn’t. 

These things even out over a season and when you’re as good as the Orioles have been, they tend to tilt in your favor. 

The chicken littles who think a game like this is an indictment on what’s to come for the rest of the season for the Orioles seem to have just recently started watching baseball and have no comprehension of what I’ve explained above. 

Some of you will read this and understand it and shrug your shoulders and agree. Some will be upset by it. And if you’re upset by it, I’m probably talking about you. 

Screenshot2024-07-06at18-04-13TheFarSideFunnycartoonpicturesFarsidecartoonsThefarside.thumb.png.045666b1bc0ec2d08cfaea3f8b0e485c.png

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think organization likes giving starters extra day off. That said Burnes had week of before last start. 

I would be tempted to go

Burnes 

Kremer

Povich 

Suarez 

Grod 

Burnes 

They had better do this. It's the only thing that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Would like to know backstory there. Brady influence? Buck? Who knows. 

I think Buck rewarded him for being a good soldier and pitching hurt in 2016.

I do think it's odd he doesn't seem to have much to do with the team, does he still live in Sarasota?

4 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Even in a laugher, the Orioles have 7 LOB through six innings.

So getting lots of baserunners that's good.

That's fewer than I thought.  I figured O'Hearn by himself had stranded that many.

Full disclose, I stopped watching the game.