Orioles acquire Colin Selby

Sports Guy

Just now, Sports Guy said:

So what?  It means absolutely nothing.  Showing that was just dumb.

OHearn had been a zero in his career but he showed he could have hard contact and getting rid of shifts helped him.  No one knew the impact of getting rid of the shift would have on him but there was at least something to work with.

You literally said we had no need for him and he's never hit and now you're backtracking and saying the Royals were idiots for giving him up. Classic.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may just be a case of we have 60-day IL guys to free up 40-man spots and KC doesn't. I haven't looked into their 40-man or anything, but might as well use your free 40-man spots. Maybe he gets DFA'd quickly as we add guys at the deadline, maybe he doesn't. 

Just now, Malike said:

You literally said we had no need for him and he's never hit and now you're backtracking and saying the Royals were idiots for giving him up. Classic.

I didn’t say they were idiots for giving him up. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I didn’t say they were idiots for giving him up. 

You were vehemently against them getting O'Hearn. O'Hearn turns out to be pretty good after you trash him in that thread, then you allude that the Royals are bad at evaluating because they let O'Hearn go and you somehow think that Selby is going to be the next big miss by them?

Just now, Malike said:

You were vehemently against them getting O'Hearn. O'Hearn turns out to be pretty good after you trash him in that thread, then you allude that the Royals are bad at evaluating because they let O'Hearn go and you somehow think that Selby is going to be the next big miss by them?

I was vehemently against him. I wasn’t pounding the tables that Elias is some idiot for acquiring him.  That’s just absurd.

You started this..you said that they don’t have a good pen and the idea that they let him go is telling.  All I’m saying is they also let go of OHearn and you turn into some big deal.  

I’m sorry, were they correct about OHearn or did KC make a mistake?  Were the Os right about seeing something in OHearn or were they wrong?

Even if you believe KC didn’t make a mistake because he was so bad, it’s fair to say that the Os have done a good job at identifying acquisitions like this and gotten something out of some of these guys.

Thjs kid has some attributes that you like. He has some peripherals that look good. Not sure why you want to make a thing out of this but I’m not saying anything that isn’t true.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Fuji threw a changeup harder than this guys fastball.

Do you have his MiL velos from this year?  Do you know if his mechanics are spot on this year?  Or did you just look at his baseball savant page, see the velo he had in 3 innings and just run with it?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Do you have his MiL velos from this year?  Do you know if his mechanics are spot on this year?  Or did you just look at his baseball savant page, see the velo he had in 3 innings and just run with it?

Can only use the data that's available, right? Sorry for late responses, that O'Hearn thread is a friggen hilarious read so I'm busy laughing at all the posts there.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I was vehemently against him. I wasn’t pounding the tables that Elias is some idiot for acquiring him.  That’s just absurd.

You started this..you said that they don’t have a good pen and the idea that they let him go is telling.  All I’m saying is they also let go of OHearn and you turn into some big deal.  

I’m sorry, were they correct about OHearn or did KC make a mistake?  Were the Os right about seeing something in OHearn or were they wrong?

Even if you believe KC didn’t make a mistake because he was so bad, it’s fair to say that the Os have done a good job at identifying acquisitions like this and gotten something out of some of these guys.

Thjs kid has some attributes that you like. He has some peripherals that look good. Not sure why you want to make a thing out of this but I’m not saying anything that isn’t true.

You might want to go read your hot takes in that thread, they completely debunk your sentence there.

I honestly don’t give a fu**.  You can jerk off over the thread if you want though. 

Look man, I know you don't like to be wrong but it's okay. It just proves you are human. You don't have to personally attack me because you got caught in a lie just now.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Look man, I know you don't like to be wrong but it's okay. It just proves you are human. You don't have to personally attack me because you got caught in a lie just now.

I’m not attacking you.  I just don’t care about your little fantasy.  It literally means nothing and has absolutely zero to do with acquiring this player. 

Edited by Sports Guy

I’m not attacking you.  I just don’t care about your little fantasy.  It literally means nothing and has absolutely zero to do with acquiring this player. 

But you brought O'Hearn into the discussion, right? Okay, back to my little fantasy.