403 errors

Tony-OH

I use the browser duckduckgo and I see ZERO ads.  I have never seen them.  I had the 403 errors but they have been gone since Tony fixed it.  I use a Mac.  I appreciate the work to fix it.

4 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I'm not getting 403 errors any more.  Instead I'm getting directed to some ad from an investment group when I try to post, and in some cases even when I try to click on a particular page from a thread.  

This is some Google Adsense problem that they can't fix apparently. I had it sending me to Travago too. It's all a bunch of crap. 

I'm going to bed. Busted my ass all day for nothing but problems and complaints anyways. Just can't win. Maybe things will slow down tomorrow as Google adsense learns more until I get my new provider in place.

No 403s at all this evening.

No ad issues either.   I mean, there was one ad witha  guy with some type of worm crawling into his eye that said you might have parasites that was kind of gross, but I can survive having seen it.   But no obtrusive ads blocking large parts of the screen or forcing you to click to make them go away.

[Posting from both a laptop and a phone, using Chrome].

• Upvote 1

I appreciate the effort you put in to make sure people can post again. The evening game thread itself showed engagement is up because the 403 has stopped. It's nice to have full engagement again. I'm not going to stop visiting the site because of these ads, but, they are a thing. I use strictly Chrome and Android phone for pretty much everything. This is what it looks like. Every thread topic is sandwiched between ads.

Screenshot_20240730-002131.png

Screenshot_20240730-002143.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

I appreciate the effort you put in to make sure people can post again. The evening game thread itself showed engagement is up because the 403 has stopped. It's nice to have full engagement again. I'm not going to stop visiting the site because of these ads, but, they are a thing. I use strictly Chrome and Android phone for pretty much everything. This is what it looks like. Every thread topic is sandwiched between ads.

Screenshot_20240730-002131.png

Screenshot_20240730-002143.png

Thanks. I'm trying to give it a few days to see if it makes some adjustments but I will probably need to take the auto ad feature off. This is clearly not what I want.

I'm going to have a new ad provider soon and that should help as well. Thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, Jskins2190 said:

Yeah I have like 12 ads for every post I get to read 😂. I’m on my iPhone on safari.

Try using another browser. Safari has always had problems with this forum for some reason or the other and with Google Ads. Still, I'm going to tweak things over the next few days so please be patient.

• Like 1