2024 1st Round Pick (#22): Vance Honeycutt - OF - (Jr) North Carolina (NC)

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

Are you nuts!!! Dude was a couple of minutes late.  As Jimmy Jones said, if some rando falls asleep at the meeting, you cut him.  If Emmitt Smith falls asleep, you wake him up.  Imagine you worked at a job for 16 years, were late for something, and then your boss left you.  You would be looking to be out the door the next day. 

I'm guessing it wasn't a one time thing.  I'll defer to those like Tony that knew how the team was run then.  From what I've heard and read, Ripken was sort of separate and apart from the rest of the team with a separate set of rules.

Catching up on some of the content yesterday, the pregame show had an interesting visual.

Zoom call with Honeycutt and Matt Blood on the left, and Scott Boras on the right.

I guess at Boras Corp it is kind of a readout on the diffrerence between say a Jackson Holliday and a Vance Honeycutt.     Scott's in for a Zoom call at this level.

8 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Catching up on some of the content yesterday, the pregame show had an interesting visual.

Zoom call with Honeycutt and Matt Blood on the left, and Scott Boras on the right.

I guess at Boras Corp it is kind of a readout on the diffrerence between say a Jackson Holliday and a Vance Honeycutt.     Scott's in for a Zoom call at this level.

He looked so disinterested in being on that Zoom call.

18 minutes ago, 86this said:

He looked so disinterested in being on that Zoom call.

It was magnificent.    

I think the draftee signing deadline is like his Game 162 - now he can go to the beach a couple months until he maybe needs to take Juan Soto to the World Series.

You know he isn't listening to any snuff contract extension offers at odd times like this.

18 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Boras is probably thinking I shouldn-t have to do a zoom call for a 4 mill kid.  Next year we're going to use Chat Gpt w/ an AI representation of me.