Deadline Predictions

Greg Pappas

21 minutes ago, bluedog said:

I think we are going to see 1 or 2 of the following moves to clear roster spots / playing time for the youngsters

Cedric Mullins to the Phillies for Spencer Turnbull

Urias to the Cubs or Reds

Mountcastle to Houston

Mateo to the Giants or Red Sox

Sounds like you think the O’s will serve the role of Santa Claus for MLB. Handing out goodies to all the orgs who need a little help. Lol

That would be very generous/altruistic of Elias.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Fedde from WS for Norby, Beavers and low level pitching prospect.

Yates from Rangers for Bradfield

Bradfield is our number five or six prospect and Yates is 36 years old, that would be a huge overpay.

here's the deal with me. Jon Conahan from SI said that the O's will offer Burnes 255.5 million over 7 years. if this is true, I would be good with no trades.  We have Bradish, Means, and Tyler will be ready sometime early next year. We have to stick with what we got. Next season is our year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

here's the deal with me. Jon Conahan from SI said that the O's will offer Burnes 255.5 million over 7 years. if this is true, I would be good with no trades.  We have Bradish, Means, and Tyler will be ready sometime early next year. We have to stick with what we got. Next season is our year.

I wouldn't put much stock into speculation one way or another unless it's coming directly from the Orioles.

But to your point, I agree, if Elias feels we have a good shot at keeping Burnes (you can debate the merits of signing a SP to 6+ years separately) I think we may decide to hold off on SP at this deadline.

5 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

So we should not try to get better and punt on this year when we are one game away from the top of the AL and leading the AL East because we might resign Burnes in the offseason?

9 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

I don't think we see Bradish or Means next year.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Bradish and Means may not even pitch next year and if they do, it will be at the end of the year.  Wells should be back (mid season?) I believe.  I want him in the pen, because he's consistently proven he can't stay healthy in the rotation.

Edited by O's84
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

What about a reunion with Kevin Gausmann. Numbers are down but stuff is still there?

Gausman and Kikuchi have both been pretty bad this year. IMO either/both would be very risky/potential to be an unforced error.

5 hours ago, oriolefan1035 said:

Tyler Anderson + Carlos Estevez with Connor Norby the top prospect going in return.

Good prediction.  I think the Angels will want at least one pitcher too.  It will be interesting to see if the O's trade one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson or further down the list.