Grade the Eflin Trade

Frobby

Grade the Eflin trade   

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Eflin trade

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/28/24 at 06:06

The Eflin trade was a real good one…Pony up and extend him. The rest of Elias’ trades were mediocre to awful.i don’t think you can commend him on what little he’s gotten out of the farm chips he’s dealt. The Rogers deal was a Double F.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

The Eflin trade was a real good one…Pony up and extend him. The rest of Elias’ trades were mediocre to awful.i don’t think you can commend him on what little he’s gotten out of the farm chips he’s dealt. The Rogers deal was a Double F.

You are grading Rogers too early.   Let's see what the O's can do with him.   I like that he has 2 options left.   Gives them plenty of time to work with him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You are grading Rogers too early.   Let's see what the O's can do with him.   I like that he has 2 options left.   Gives them plenty of time to work with him.

How can it be too early to grade? We were in a division race and should have been a contender to get to the World Series, and we traded assets for a guy who didn't help the 2024 team at all.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

How can it be too early to grade? We were in a division race and should have been a contender to get to the World Series, and we traded assets for a guy who didn't help the 2024 team at all.

But you don’t know that those assets could have been used to get a player that would have helped more in 2024. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

But you don’t know that those assets could have been used to get a player that would have helped more in 2024. 

Right, it is impossible to know the trades that weren't made. But if you want to hypothesize about if the trade wasn't made at all, I would prefer Norby to most of the other guys that had to fill in during Westburg and Urias's absences.

45 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Does that really matter? No trade is better than a stupid one. Surely with your divine baseball intellect you can at very least agree with that?

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Does that really matter? No trade is better than a stupid one. Surely with your divine baseball intellect you can at very least agree with that?

And we probably could have made the same trade this offseason.

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Right, it is impossible to know the trades that weren't made. But if you want to hypothesize about if the trade wasn't made at all, I would prefer Norby to most of the other guys that had to fill in during Westburg and Urias's absences.

And had the Os known those guys would get hurt, I doubt they do the trade.