Organizational Turmoil?

Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Who is the clubhouse leader on this team?  Is it Adley?  It’s not clear that they have a leader. 

They mentioned Santander on the radio …. Not sure that they are in the know but it would seem to make sense. They are squarely in the give Santander a 3-4 year extension for $15-$20 per

When HK git the GS a while back, when he got to the dugout nearly everyone greeted him.  When HK walked by Hays to the hydration station, Hays' face was like someone farted.

I don't doubt what he says because human nature.  But Hays isn't exactly an unbiased parted.

The deep, blocked, competitive org is said to he a goal.  If that's true, human drama will be an issue when "red in tooth and claw" is the order of the day.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 398 to Left said:

Maybe not related but did anyone hear Keith Law with Haynie yesterday, right after the news broke that Hays had been traded? Law made a comment that I thought centered around the negative thoughts from Hays teammates towards him. (I was surprised and I know, it’s Law). Did anyone else hear that and maybe correct my version in case I heard it wrong?

What did he say?

The story seems like nothing and that if anything, Hays was the one that may have been as issue and upset with a lack of consistent playing time. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

What did he say?

The story seems like nothing and that if anything, Hays was the one that may have been as issue and upset with a lack of consistent playing time. 

I’m quite certain that there are other who are or were frustrated. Stowers, Norby, Urias, Mateo, Mullins. I’m betting the majority of guys feeling jerked around or reduced playing time. What is Urias hitting over the last 4-6 weeks. He might not express his frustration but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have it. Thinking it’s just Hays is Naive 

Edited by Roll Tide

23 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Sure they would. They can say they would love to talk extension or how they want to finish their career here. You never hear any of the young guys say anything like that. 

Austin Hays talked in Spring Training about an extension.

It seems more like a Hays and Mullins thing. They were the ones that were former all star players that were threatened by young players. Mountcastle plays every day. Urias and Mateo were switching off every other day. McCann has been a back up catcher for years.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it is.

On both sides, in regards to the team and to your agent that you pay to handle that sort of thing.

It’s only unprofessional if you do it in bad faith. No team is going to be pissed because their young stars are saying they would like to sign extensions.  Makes it seem like a good place to play. 

Don't know if its true or not, but Hays return was kind of underwhelming on our side unless their unusually high on the pitcher they got back. This could have been an addition by subtraction type trade. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bemorewins said:

Austin Hays talked in Spring Training about an extension.

These vets are feeling the pressure and logically want some security. That is why I am saying you have to sell them off. 

2 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

When HK git the GS a while back, when he got to the dugout nearly everyone greeted him.  When HK walked by Hays to the hydration station, Hays' face was like someone farted.

I don't doubt what he says because human nature.  But Hays isn't exactly an unbiased parted.

The deep, blocked, competitive org is said to he a goal.  If that's true, human drama will be an issue when "red in tooth and claw" is the order of the day.

The other data point I would add here is Mountcastle attitude adjustment when he had that run-in with Buck about his plate discipline in the minors. Maybe he tried working on the issue and failed, or maybe he just thinks he knows better than the coaches, but regardless he never really changed as a hitter. So I could see his ego having some issues with being outperformed by O'Hearn and rumors of trade availability.

I refuse to believe that Mullins would be the source of anything negative. From everything we've seen he is a humble guy grateful to have overcome a lot of adversity to get to the big leagues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

The other data point I would add here is Mountcastle attitude adjustment when he had that run-in with Buck about his plate discipline in the minors. Maybe he tried working on the issue and failed, or maybe he just thinks he knows better than the coaches, but regardless he never really changed as a hitter. So I could see his ego having some issues with being outperformed by O'Hearn and rumors of trade availability.

I refuse to believe that Mullins would be the source of anything negative. From everything we've seen he is a humble guy grateful to have overcome a lot of adversity to get to the big leagues.

Refusing to believe is fine but that does make it a fact. A professional wouldn’t let you know he’s frustrated.

32 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Sounds like Hays confirmed that he was the problem, lol

This. Hays asked for an extension in the offseason and didn’t get it. Could be some other things going on but I would bet this is what the main “issue” is.