I want to say this about Coby Mayo (All Inclusive)

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

No, but Coby is on the first flight out...Hey guys, we all love our Birds...lets wish the kid well and be PATIENT.

It only took 10 games for them to want to trade Holliday, I wouldn't count on patience around these parts, Roy.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Winter said:

dude you make like 500 threads about wanting to trade Mayo for all the future tommy johns of the league lol

I have never said trade Mayo specifically.  I said to trade one of JH, SB, or Mayo plus another prospect or two for an elite pitcher.

JH would have been my first choice to trade.  CM my last. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Malike said:

Can't wait for the gnashing of teeth if he goes 1-16 with 10 k's and makes 4 errors. Can't. Wait.

Allow me to remind the crowd that I wasn’t screaming for him to come up. I like defense.

So I reserve the right to scream about lousy D.

Mostly, I’m more pitchforky/torchy about the pitching.

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

Allow me to remind the crowd that I wasn’t screaming for him to come up. I like defense.

So I reserve the right to scream about lousy D.

Mostly, I’m more pitchforky/torchy about the pitching.

It was made in jest because after 10 games people labeled Holliday a bust and wanted him traded. tH3 lEg K1Ck!!

11 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know you are being sarcastic, and maybe he will struggle...but the kid earned this call up and if given time I think he will deliver.I think he has the talent to do that. He's on the first plane to Cleveland tomorrow...I hope he gets to play..Im thrilled for the kid. He is a great, great kid.

I'm happy for you, Roy. And obviously also for Coby and his family.

Do you think Hyde and Elias will let him play every day? After seeing how those two have handled Kjerstad, Norby, Stowers, Ortiz, Westburg, and Cowser, I'm worried that they won't. Which would be more bad player development and management from them. It doesn't make sense to start his service time clock unless they commit to him as a better regular 3B option over Urias, which he should be.

My question is only for Roy, I don't care for anyone else's thoughts on this. 

8 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know you are being sarcastic, and maybe he will struggle...but the kid earned this call up and if given time I think he will deliver.I think he has the talent to do that. He's on the first plane to Cleveland tomorrow...I hope he gets to play..Im thrilled for the kid. He is a great, great kid.

@Roy Firestone,  I was just kidding.  I am extremely happy for Coby, his family, and especially you.  I know what it is like to be invested in young people’s career you have a relationship with and they are about to see their dreams come true.  He has certainIy earned the promotion. I have very close musician friends in Nashville that just signed a big publishing deal.  I have watched their career since the beginning and it is fun to see their dreams and hard work pay off.   I know you are a big fan and I appreciate that even though I don’t always share your emotional roller coaster.  There is a difference between you and the trolls that post here just to piss people off and are not Oriole fans.  I hope we are begging to sign Coby to a big extension by the end of the year.  One of my best friends is friends with Jackson Merrill’s parents.  His wife and Jackson’s mother teach together.  I got to go to the game with them when he was in town.  Just a great story.