Promotions?

btdart20

4 minutes ago, Otter said:

I wonder how they'll get reps for three college catchers all on the same team.  That's why I was a little confused on why they drafted three college catchers in the first 8 rounds.  With a better mix of HS and college guys, you could assume they'd be at different levels and get more reps.  But these guys are all around the same age and level and will be taking away innings from each other.  Catchers don't play other positions (usually), and they typically need more time to develop defensively than other positions.  If you draft a bunch of shortstops together, they can split time at other positions like 2B and 3B.  If you draft a bunch of CF, they can split time at LF and RF.

Anderson was primarily a 1B in college.  I assume he’ll get time there and Stafford will DH.    Getting AB’s shouldn’t be a problem for Anderson and Stafford but it will be interesting to see how they divide the defensive reps.

The plan for next year is probably for Tufts to go to Delmarva and the other two to Aberdeen.  

Looks like AAA is a taxi squad currently for the MLB. 

No promotions for Beavers, Fabian, or Rhodes.

Maybe we’re hoping for an end of season surge from Beavers, and Fabian, for trade value purposes when we have to by the inevitable Burnes replacement. Protecting them in AA.