8/4 @ Cleveland, Burnes vs Williams

SilverRocket

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Coby is having learning pains, folks...he'll get there, remember Holliday.

I am more worried about his defense and not his offense. The kid has a bat on him. I think the important thing for folks to remember is that a college Junior is about the same age as Mayo.

4 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Coby is having learning pains, folks...he'll get there, remember Holliday.

So he should go back down after 36 at bats like Holliday did if he isn't performing?

1 minute ago, GoldGlove21 said:

You can leave a job you are unhappy with. Harder to do under a baseball contract. Also, if your coworkers performing poorly impacted your performance, would you feel the same? 

It's not hard at all.

They can all quit anytime they like.  You don't think people in other fields stay because of an attractive salary they couldn't make elsewhere?

And I have absolutely had coworkers performing poorly and impacting my performance.  Hasn't everyone?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Oh its great other than the taxes, the govt, and some of the social issues that get pushed.  But when you have so many activities within a short drive?  And when it is basically sunny 340 days a year?  You learn to live with it.  Even where I live here north of Los Angeles, it has been 95 to 105 for the past month straight but it gets down into the 50s to low 60s at night.  No humidity.  You really can't beat it. 

I was in Monterey, light fog in the mornings, never got really hot.

7 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Be glad you don't live here in CA. 

I think the Ohtani contract should be the guideline for players in high tax States. Have 80% of the money deferred to later years when the player can choose a tax free residence. 

• Upvote 1

Toronto pitcher walked the bases loaded (Judge IBB) with two outs, and then Stanton struck out. Still Tor 2-0.

This may not be a bad strategy: walk Soto, Judge, and Wells every time they come up. There's not much going elsewhere in that lineup.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So he should go back down after 36 at bats like Holliday did if he isn't performing?

I think folks should start saying he's going to strike out on a slider out of the zone before he even sees a pitch.

Because that's helpful behavior.

Just now, ShoelesJoe said:

I think the Ohtani contract should be the guideline for players in high tax States. Have 80% of the money deferred to later years when the player can choose a tax free residence. 

I think they are going to close that loophole.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Toronto pitcher walked the bases loaded (Judge IBB) with two outs, and then Stanton struck out. Still Tor 2-0.

This may not be a bad strategy: walk Soto, Judge, and Wells every time they come up. There's not much going elsewhere in that lineup.

Lol... that would be hilarious

1 minute ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Until governments catch on.