8/10 @ Tampa Bay (Game is on Fox tonight)

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

I wish they gave us a box. I feel like he has missed about 5-6 strikes right at the knees, all against Burnes

Yeah there definitely close but at least he seems consistent unlike last few games with huge strike one.  

15 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I understand that but we don't know exactly who they are bringing in, when. You could go with a RH stack and then they bring in another RHP. 

I guess I would argue if you are trying to win every game, Urias and Slater are not giving you the best chance to win.

Edited by casadeozo

Does Burnes feel like he's pitching at about 90% effort most of the time?  Maybe that's why he's stayed so healthy.  He only goes all out once in a while, when he gets in trouble, vs a lot of other guys who are pitching max velocity vs every hitter.  It just seems like Burnes is a guy who can give you 6 innings/2 or 3 runs every time out w/o stressing himself.  Skubal is more likely to be a guy who will give you 7 or even 8 shutout evenings but also have an outing where here can't go 4 innings and gives up 5 runs, just my take.