8/10 @ Tampa Bay (Game is on Fox tonight)

I think many of us watched this team through some truly awful years, and some truly awful pitching. Being in first place for the moment is awesome. Sometimes I just have to take a step back and enjoy the team. It becomes way too easy for me to complain when my expectations are higher than they probably should be. 

I don't think any bullpen implosion will hurt worse than Armando Benitez in the playoffs against Cleveland!

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

im worried Kimbrel will come in the ninth....

Hope so, we need to get him right.   3 straight scoreless outings, hopefully we can get him on another good streak.

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

I think many of us watched this team through some truly awful years, and some truly awful pitching. Being in first place for the moment is awesome. Sometimes I just have to take a step back and enjoy the team. It becomes way too easy for me to complain when my expectations are higher than they probably should be. 

I don't think any bullpen implosion will hurt worse than Armando Benitez in the playoffs against Cleveland!

How about Ubaldo Jimenez?

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There's no way the Orioles would give up the DH spot by playing Santander in RF. I hope no line drives are hit to RF the next two innings.

Can always pinch hit that spot. Would be 9 spots away. Didn’t do it so it doesn’t matter now. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There's no way the Orioles would give up the DH spot by playing Santander in RF. I hope no line drives are hit to RF the next two innings.

It's not a bad idea. The pitcher probably isn't hitting and even if the spot came up you have Mayo on the bench

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

One more thing. It does make it interesting how they handle the extra position player in the playoffs.

I think in a playoff game O’Hearn doesn’t hit there myself. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

One more thing. It does make it interesting how they handle the extra position player in the playoffs.

I think in a playoff game O’Hearn doesn’t hit there myself. 

Not with the lead, I agree.

1 minute ago, O-The-Memories said:

This team is in first place with one of the best records in baseball.  This team has lost 4 starting pitchers from their rotation.  Bradish and Grod being two of the top two starters in baseball.  They lost their All-Star infielder in Jordan Westberg.  Yet here we are.  The season has yet to play itself out.  If we get lucky Grod and Westberg will be back for the playoffs.  Also despite some of the crazies in here that predict the opposite, this team will be in the playoffs.  With our offense hopefully at full strength I will take my chances with Burnes, Grod, and Eflin in the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1