Twins cut minor league catcher after he tips pitches

Legend_Of_Joey

"The catcher apparently told teammates that he wanted the season to be finished, according to ESPN." 
So he's related to Colby Rasmus?

But seriously, if you want the year to be over, wouldn't letting the other team know what's coming just prolong the game and thus the season? What a jackalope.

32 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

"The catcher apparently told teammates that he wanted the season to be finished, according to ESPN." 
So he's related to Colby Rasmus?

But seriously, if you want the year to be over, wouldn't letting the other team know what's coming just prolong the game and thus the season? What a jackalope.

That loss eliminated them from playoff contention.

He also keeps his signing bonus.

Maybe pro ball wasn't his dream?

Still a crap thing to do to his teammates.

I read the book linked below when it came out.   By a LHP from Yale who was a late round draft pick, non prospect, spent some time in the minors and wrote a book about it.     (He might have played with Elias there, or maybe was just a couple years ahead of him.  I know he was a college teammate and buddy of Craig Breslow).  Anyway, interesting book.   One thing he alleged was that a Dominican catcher was tipping pitches to opposing hitters of Dominican descent on other teams to help them advance their careers.

Certainly not the case here, but it just reminded me of that...

https://www.amazon.com/Odd-Man-Out-League-Misfit/dp/0143116819

44 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I read the book linked below when it came out.   By a LHP from Yale who was a late round draft pick, non prospect, spent some time in the minors and wrote a book about it.     (He might have played with Elias there, or maybe was just a couple years ahead of him.  I know he was a college teammate and buddy of Craig Breslow).  Anyway, interesting book.   One thing he alleged was that a Dominican catcher was tipping pitches to opposing hitters of Dominican descent on other teams to help them advance their careers.

Certainly not the case here, but it just reminded me of that...

https://www.amazon.com/Odd-Man-Out-League-Misfit/dp/0143116819

Looks like the book's author was 3rd in innings to Breslow and Elias on 2002 Yale.

https://www.thebaseballcube.com/content/stats/college~2002~20314/

They were seniors when Elias was a freshman...hopefully not much rookie hazing.