BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

What did Pie do? Just took a crappy route?

First he took a bad route which helped guarantee a hit instead of a maybe-out.

Then, on Andruw's double, he didn't pick the ball up in the corner right away. That made no diff in the play at all, unlike when Nick did the same thing on the triple Eaton gave up, but it looked bad on replay.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the leadoff double from Kinsler, yeah, but on the last hit he just looked like a little leaguer trying to get the ball out of the corner.

For the record, though, I'm a big supporter of Pie.

So am I, but if his defense doesn't pick up it's going to be hard to defend him (no pun intended).

Bad jump, bad route, bad relay throw...come on Pie

Pie is doing a lot of things fundamentally wrong right now. I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I don't have the same feeling that I had with Adam Jones.

How long does it take an super athletic guy who played in center to figure out how to play right?

I guess for Pie more than spring training and a week of baseball. Still if he is doing this junk in May I will start losing my patience.

Stupid me having to do work on the computer while watching the game... I missed that.

What kind of look? Was it obvious he was a little disappointed?

Just a glance. Don't know Koji's face well enough to know anything about it, really, but it looked like a sharp glance to me.

Pie is doing a lot of things fundamentally wrong right now. I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I don't have the same feeling that I had with Adam Jones.

How much danger will he be in if Reimold and Montanez continue to rake like they are now?

I doubt DT will have as much patience as he did with Jones

I don't understand why Pie is struggling so much in left field. I know it's not his usual position, but if you can play CF, you should be able to play LF. It's not like he's moving from second base or catcher.

Who knows? Maybe nerves making him temporarily dumb... it happens. If that's what it is, it should wear off soon... unless he starts thinking too much...

Archived