BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

Now, wait a sec... let's not get too crazy here...

He may be getting squeezed a little by the ump, but an 86 MPH fastball, with little movement, qualifies in my book as a batting practice fastball. His offspeed stuff isn't working yet.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He may be getting squeezed a little by the ump, but an 86 MPH fastball, with little movement, qualifies in my book as a batting practice fastball. His offspeed stuff isn't working yet.

Are you serious? He is getting squeezed right now. I think he has good stuff and his fastball actually does have some movement to it.

The only thing is that we have to realize that Scott wouldn't have been even close to making a play. At least Pie can use his speed to make up for little route mistakes.

So what? That wasn't a little route mistake. That was amateurish on his part. If I was DT I would start playing him four steps in front of the warning track if he cannot catch routine balls like that. That way he could use his speed to come in on balls. Better to give up singles than doubles.

Yeah, he looks terrible. I don't know why DT just doesn't play him against lefties to get him going?

The O's haven't faced any lefty starters since Opening Day. Are you suggesting that Trembley should be in charge of other teams' pitching schedules?

Are you serious? He is getting squeezed right now. I think he has good stuff and his fastball actually does have some movement to it.

Both pitchers are getting squeezed. Perhaps I'm watching a different game, his fastball is slow, and isn't moving well. His offspeed pitches are not being thrown for strikes yet, with exception of the strike out. He is going to have a difficult time sneaking that fastball by hitters when he is not getting the corners. Its going to be even more difficult if he cannot throw his offspeed offerings for strikes.

Archived