BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man. It takes time. This is the majors. He can't learn in the Minors so the learning curve is going to take a little while longer. He looks really choppy right now, but we are still rebuilding. We have to make an effort to really rebuild with low risk high reward guys like this.

I understand that. Bad at bats is one thing, but defense just leads me to cringe.

Look, even the Rangers announcers are saying Uehara is getting robbed on the ball-strike calls. There are at least three--including the two "balls" before the 3 and 0 pitch to Davis--that they said they couldn't even guess why they weren't strikes. So Davis shdn't have even been still up there swinging.

I understand that. Bad at bats is one thing, but defense just leads me to cringe.

That is part of the process. If he was a LF coming up and doing this mess, I would be in the same boat. But he is a CF by trade and he isn't the prototypical body type of a LF. I think he will come around soon. I find it hard to believe a plus CF can't learn LF. I am just willing to give him a little more time than most on the board right now.

I think he is throwing well. This Texas team in this stadium can mash. He will be fine.

Plus he's not getting some calls. His fastball is a little up in the zone, though, which is going to cost him against this line-up. Hopefully our offense can keep him afloat.

Archived