BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand why Pie is struggling so much in left field. I know it's not his usual position, but if you can play CF, you should be able to play LF. It's not like he's moving from second base or catcher.

Palmer said that it is a hard transition because of the way the ball comes off the bat. It has a different tail to it and it does different things.

Since these guys are MLers, they hit the ball really, really hard. Often times causing a lot of spin on the ball. When an OF is used to seeing balls react off bats a certain way, they will start their jump to where they think the ball should end up. Only to watch the ball start doing strange things while it is in the air, causing them to take bad routes.

I don't understand why Pie is struggling so much in left field. I know it's not his usual position, but if you can play CF, you should be able to play LF. It's not like he's moving from second base or catcher.

Thats the same point I have buddy. The ball is still leaving the bat and going the same direction. His routes are awful. He made an "J" shape on that no play double in the first.

Pie is doing a lot of things fundamentally wrong right now. I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I don't have the same feeling that I had with Adam Jones.

Yeah I dont have it either. Jones would show us flashes of brilliance last year even when he was struggling. So far I havent seen Pie flash much.

So far the only thing about him I like is his speed.

Palmer said that it is a hard transition because of the way the ball comes off the bat. It has a different tail to it and it does different things.

Since these guys are MLers, they hit the ball really, really hard. Often times causing a lot of spin on the ball. When an OF is used to seeing balls react off bats a certain way, they will start their jump to where they think the ball should end up. Only to watch the ball start doing strange things while it is in the air, causing them to take bad routes.

I agree with Palmer. I played both and it is different. THat being said, he has had almost two months now to get used to it. There is no excuse anymore.

Thats the same point I have buddy. The ball is still leaving the bat and going the same direction. His routes are awful. He made an "J" shape on that no play double in the first.

The only thing is that we have to realize that Scott wouldn't have been even close to making a play. At least Pie can use his speed to make up for little route mistakes.

But they aren't. He is coming from a different location.

Jones never had a chance on that play. That wasn't a ball hit to him. His perspective of the ball and Pie's was vastly different.

All he had to do was run straight back and make a slight leap and an easy out.

Archived