BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

He may be getting squeezed a little by the ump, but an 86 MPH fastball, with little movement, qualifies in my book as a batting practice fastball. His offspeed stuff isn't working yet.

The ump isn't working yet. For the most part, Koji's been putting it wherever Zaun's target it and the ump doesn't care. I expect Koji and Zaun will adapt.

Whatever his fb is, he knows it and he's used to using it. It's not like he's some rookie...

Of course, their 1B-man sure hit one 9 miles, so we'll see...

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He may be getting squeezed a little by the ump, but an 86 MPH fastball, with little movement, qualifies in my book as a batting practice fastball. His offspeed stuff isn't working yet.

If his breaking stuff on the corners isn't getting strike calls, what alternative does he have? The Rangers announcers are saying that Uehara is beginning to look pis**d at the ump and the last half-inning that Padilla had nothing to complain abt compared to how bad the calls have been for Koji.

The ump isn't working yet. For the most part, Koji's been putting it wherever Zaun's target it and the ump doesn't care. I expect Koji and Zaun will adapt.

Whatever his fb is, he knows it and he's used to using it. It's not like he's some rookie...

Of course, their 1B-man sure hit one 9 miles, so we'll see...

I'm not screaming he's a bum, or AM was a fool for signing him. I'm not suggesting the bullpen gets up and ready. I'm just stating what I see right now. I'm not over-reacting, just reacting.

Rangers announcers concur that Koji's been hitting Zaun's glove exactly pitch after pitch.

Archived