Other teams playoffs game thread

Just Regular

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Watching Flaherty's success this year has been nauseating.  I mean, good for him...but what the hell happened to our magic pixie dust that we couldn't get anything nearly this good out of him?

Baseball is strange. Also, if this holds up, the Dodgers fleeced the Tigers.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Alex Cobb in game 1, eh?     Guess he gets another chance to do something Orioles helpful.

Cobb is 79-76 with a 3.84 ERA in his career, including 8-2 with a 2.33 ERA against the Orioles. 

He has played for 5 teams in his career and has an ERA under 4 for every one of them....except the Os, where his ERA was 5.10. So basically he dominated the Os when he pitched against them and was good for everyone else that he pitched for.....except the Os. 

So if he does something helpful for us today, it will be the first time.

16 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think we're headed towards a Yankees-Dodgers World Series which might thrill Rob Manfred and Fox Sports, but I won't watch one minute of if. I'm hoping it's the Mets-Guardians just so the Yankees and Dodgers get denied another ring.

Yeah I'm out on the playoffs officially now.  I don't know what would be more nauseating - Subway Series, or Shohei-Judge series.  The collective fellatio from Fox and MLBN will be too much to bear either way.  And I don't think the Guardians have a chance in hell of knocking out the Yanks. 

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Yeah I'm out on the playoffs officially now.  I don't know what would be more nauseating - Subway Series, or Shohei-Judge series.  The collective fellatio from Fox and MLBN will be too much to bear either way.  And I don't think the Guardians have a chance in hell of knocking out the Yanks. 

I'm going to watch, but the volume is going to be off.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm going to watch, but the volume is going to be off.

I suppose I MIGHT tune into a WS inning or two, just to say a final goodbye to baseball for the winter.  By New Years I might be wishing I could watch Dodgers-Yanks or anybody else!  Certainly won't be appointment viewing though, like it might otherwise have been w/ a more preferable match up.