2024 Postseason Ticket Refund tracker

fansince1988

2 hours ago, LGOrioles said:

Mine were showing as pending last week. No longer pending, no refund issued. Anyone else experience the same thing? 

Mine were not showing as pending last week. I just checked and now it shows as pending. I use Capital One. I'll update you all one way or the other. fingers crossed!

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Do you guys think the refund isn’t coming or something?  Why all the angst?

Of course it's coming. But it should be a simple transaction that doesn't take weeks. And on top of it taking weeks to get the money back (which isn't an insignificant amount), people could have credit card balances and be facing interest payments also. It's just really bad customer service.....towards the most loyal customers.

Edited by CP0861
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Do you guys think the refund isn’t coming or something?  Why all the angst?

Someone started a thread to track when the refunds came. 

So several of us responded to it when we saw that it appeared to be pending on our credit cards.   That was a good thing.

But for several of us, it stayed pending for 4 or 5 days and now it doesn't appear at all, and our balance has not been reduced.   I think that is certainly a reasonable thing to note... it is very odd.   Normally once you see something as pending on your credit card account info online, within a day or so it has occurred.   Case in point:  I bought a book on Amazon recently, pre-ordered before it came out.   Amazon has a price guarantee policy that if the book becomes available for cheaper than you paid in your pre-order, you will be refunded the difference.   Yesterday I got an e-mail from Amazon that that had happened with my book... it was available for 2 cents cheaper and they were refunding me the two cents!   Yippee.   So I logged on and checked my credit card yesterday, and there was a $0.02 transaction listed as pending.   Today I logged on and it no longer is pending, but my balance has been decreased by 2 cents.

That is what we all expected to happen last week when we saw the Orioles refund as pending on our various accounts.   But instead, after 4 or 5 days, that pending refund disappeared and our balance was not decreased.   I think that is certainly worth noting, as it is obviously not a normal occurrence and suggests that the Orioles initiated a refund process and then stopped it for some reason.   Sorry if you feel that discussion of that is too angsty.

And some people have issues with the way the entire postseason ticket situation was handled, and for them, this is just a continuation of the perceived mishandling of it by the ticket office.

It’s much ado about nothing imo. They will get here. Handled properly? No.  Is it the way this type of thing is always handled? Usually speaking, yes.

When you commit to doing something like this, your expectation should be exactly this. 

Doesn’t make it right but it’s just the way it goes. 

41 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

Of course it's coming. But it should be a simple transaction that doesn't take weeks. And on top of it taking weeks to get the money back (which isn't an insignificant amount), people could have credit card balances and be facing interest payments also. It's just really bad customer service.....towards the most loyal customers.

You should never have a credit card that has interest payments.  There is way to many cards that are offering 0% interest for 18 months and deals like that.  If you do have one with interest and you should be more worried why you keep giving the banks money every month if you don’t pay it off each month especially for a want item and need a necessities.  

40 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

You should never have a credit card that has interest payments.  There is way to many cards that are offering 0% interest for 18 months and deals like that.  If you do have one with interest and you should be more worried why you keep giving the banks money every month if you don’t pay it off each month especially for a want item and need a necessities.  

Personally, I choose by rewards. I don't ever pay any interest because I pay my balances down to zero every 2 weeks.

And of course the 0% is always for a limited time. If you want to bounce around with a new card every year or so, that's fine, but since I don't hold debt with them, I roll with the highest % back in rewards.

Edited by CP0861
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CP0861 said:

I'd be pissed.  I hope they hook you guys up with something.  I think I had tickets for game 6 or 7 of the ALCS in 2014.  It seemed like the refund went normal.  

Several thoughts from an old fart. I have/use one credit card. Use it for everything unless they don't take cards. Each charge I treat as if writing a check and record in  my check book. Balance each month when I pay off credit card statement. NEVER carry a balance on my credit card so never pay interest. Don't buy what I can't cover. If I have a probvlem with a vendor, I file  dispute with my credit card and let them handle it. That makes sure I don't get charged for any interest. I use a card that gives the most cash back. You all probably know all this but it gave me something to do! 😀  Back to the nap!

PS - Let's hope next year - no need for a refund!!!!!

FWIW, there's a Reddit post about this topic from somebody that reached out to their rep:

“Refunds were processed automatically on our end on October 10th. We did run into some technical difficulties, but they are working on correcting the issue and all refunds should be finalized by October 25th.”

So, that's probably why we saw something pending and then nixed. 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s much ado about nothing imo. They will get here. Handled properly? No.  Is it the way this type of thing is always handled? Usually speaking, yes.

When you commit to doing something like this, your expectation should be exactly this. 

Doesn’t make it right but it’s just the way it goes. 

Yeah.....that's not true at all. When you are due a credit card refund, it's super simple and typically just takes a few days. Vendors can essentially refund immediately and then it may take a couple days to process. 

I've literally NEVER had a refund take this long, only to show as pending for 5 days and then disappear before being processed. It's not at all "the way this type of thing is always handed."

Do you even have a refund pending? Or nah, just poking?

1 minute ago, CP0861 said:

Yeah.....that's not true at all. When you are due a credit card refund, it's super simple and typically just takes a few days. Vendors can essentially refund immediately and then it may take a couple days to process. 

I've literally NEVER had a refund take this long, only to show as pending for 5 days and then disappear before being processed. It's not at all "the way this type of thing is always handed."

Do you even have a refund pending? Or nah, just poking?

I’m talking about major events. Not your basic CC transaction.  

5 hours ago, CP0861 said:

It's all good. Lesson learned.

However, as someone with MANY years of being a STH and now a flex member, it is frustrating to literally feel pushed away after spending thousands on games this year. I've thrown money at the organization all year, OD, beer, countless games, food, beer, merch, playoffs, 2025 renewal, beer......just to get screwed and now deal with a delay in getting my own money back.

Like I said, lesson learned. Hopefully Ms. Dartmouth and the new leadership learns.

Correct me if I’m wrong. 

Didn’t they lessen the perks/rewards of the flex plan? I have a set 13 game plan.