Will MASN be among these soon ? MLB taking over TV broadcasts of 3 teams

NashLumber

MLB To Take Over Broadcasts For Twins, Guardians, Brewers In 2025

"MLB will now be handling the broadcasts of at least six clubs, as it was already distributing for the Padres, Diamondbacks and Rockies. Fans will be able to sign up for direct-to-consumer streaming packages without blackouts, except for games that are being broadcasted nationally. The Rangers also saw their Diamond deal expire in 2024 but seem to be in a different situation for now. MLB announced that Texas wouldn’t be continuing with Diamond but are exploring local options for 2025."

"There will be other long-term questions to be answered in time. Commissioner Rob Manfred intends to market a streaming package consisting of multiple teams at some point in the future, perhaps as soon as 2025. MLB.TV has existed for years but with consumers affected by local blackout rules. The idea going forward would be to essentially make a blackout-free version of MLB.TV. There would be complications in such a plan, as clubs like the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs and others handle their own games via broadcasters that are at least partially owned by the team. Given their relatively stable footing, they would have less interest in joining such a plan with the other clubs."

I don't see why they would-- these takeovers are related to problems with Bally Sports, and the Orioles are one of the unnamed teams in the articles mention of "clubs like the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs and others handle their own games via broadcasters that are at least partially owned by the team."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Just give us an in market streaming option is that too much to ask? Cable television is dying regardless so stop forcing local fans to pay for some service they don't want because it's the only way to watch Orioles games.

This is what I hope this leads to, ie. putting pressure on teams that have blackouts to finally abandon them. I think the MLB takeover this may be the momentum that forces the regional networks to follow suit. 

59 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

This is what I hope this leads to, ie. putting pressure on teams that have blackouts to finally abandon them. I think the MLB takeover this may be the momentum that forces the regional networks to follow suit. 

Yeah I think once enough of the teams get on board they can force the others to agree.  Unless I am wildly incorrect. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know if they want to.

Isn't this because of the issues that Diamond Sports had?

I honestly do not know the answers.  I do wish Masn would die so I could always have my team on the same channel.  I would like a daily show like they used to have before games but with just Oriole information and no Nats stuff.  And I would buy MLB.tv if I could watch the Orioles.  Last year I got it for one week before I figured out that blackouts were a thing.  

I do want MLB and the Nats to pay through the nose for their TV rights.  They crushed our market size.  MLB took a bankrupt team and jammed it up our butts.  I want them to pay pay pay.  Not that it helps the Orioles much I just want to stick it to the Nats.  I don't care about some story that the Senators did not block the Orioles back in 54.  Hell the games were at Memorial Stadium.  A million miles from DC.  Now you can hit Nats park with a MLRS rocket from the parking lot of Camden Yards.  They stuck it to Baltimore bad.  And its not like they could of picked other places.  Carolina area, Nashville, Las Vegas.  I know New Orleans is a dump but maybe even there.  But no they bent us over and bam.