Erbe tagged in Reading

Who's On 1st

Erbe gives up 7 hits in 5 innings

Erbe (L' date=' 0-3) 5.0 7 2 1 3 7 1 1.29

Baysox lose to Reading 2 to 1[/quote']

Uh, how about writing it this way?: Brandon Erbe gives up only 1 earned run in 5 innings in a Baysox loss. He's 0-3, but with a mega-impressive 1.29 ERA. (This seems like a fairer summation to me.)

Love the K's (16 in 14 IP this season)...hate the walks and home runs (7 and 2 in 14 IP). Homers were a problem for him last year too.

He's still young and it's encouraging that he can punch people out at AA. With so many other talented arms in the system, the O's can afford to be patient with Erbe.

Uh, how about writing it this way?: Brandon Erbe gives up only 1 earned run in 5 innings in a Baysox loss. He's 0-3, but with a mega-impressive 1.29 ERA. (This seems like a fairer summation to me.)

You are right, it sounds better that way. I was just commenting on 7 hits which I thought were alot. But the Baysox were lucky they only gave up 2 runs.

You are right' date=' it sounds better that way. I was just commenting [b']on 7 hits which I thought were alot[/b]. But the Baysox were lucky they only gave up 2 runs.

It is...but how was he hit?

37 hoppers? Bloopers?

Or was he getting tattooed?

Do the BaySox fielders suck and that caused some hits to get through?

That's why hits allowed is a poor stat to use to determine how good a pitcher is.

It is...but how was he hit?

37 hoppers? Bloopers?

Or was he getting tattooed?

Do the BaySox fielders suck and that caused some hits to get through?

That's why hits allowed is a poor stat to use to determine how good a pitcher is.

Exactly, especially in the minors because many of the position players lack fielding skills....Especially on our teams

Love the K's (16 in 14 IP this season)...hate the walks and home runs (7 and 2 in 14 IP). Homers were a problem for him last year too.

He's still young and it's encouraging that he can punch people out at AA. With so many other talented arms in the system, the O's can afford to be patient with Erbe.

The O's are being patient with all their arms! Thing is most of them are pitching so well that they are going to force the O's FO to promote them.

However, Erbe rose to the top when faced with adversity. He was throwing harder in the 5th. He had many low & outside off speed pitches that were out of the zone, however the Phils knees were always buckling.

So Erbe has a whale of a game today after getting "tagged" in his last start. He goes 6 innings today giving up no runs on 3 hits and a walk. He also had 3 k's. 10 Groundouts and 5 flyouts. After this outing his ERA is at 0.90:eek:

So Erbe has a whale of a game today after getting "tagged" in his last start. He goes 6 innings today giving up no runs on 3 hits and a walk. He also had 3 k's. 10 Groundouts and 5 flyouts. After this outing his ERA is at 0.90:eek:

That may be the best part.

Isn't it a shame that this was the first time he got a W out of it? If he had Montanez, Weiters and Reimold putting up runs for him, he'd be 4-0 right now.

He's still just 21 years old. The Big Three really needs to be edited to the Big Four

Yeah Erbe had a great game today.

And I will try to watch how I word my Threads from now on.

I'm having a hard time picking out my favorite player in Bowie. It just may turn out to be Erbe.

Archived