Erbe tagged in Reading

Who's On 1st

Isn't it a shame that this was the first time he got a W out of it? If he had Montanez, Weiters and Reimold putting up runs for him, he'd be 4-0 right now.

He's still just 21 years old. The Big Three really needs to be edited to the Big Four

Go for 5. Don't forget Troy Patton.

I just don't know if i think Erbe is getting the recognition that he is deserving so far. Its not like hes doing this at Frederick. He's always had a great arm and have been a bit inconsistent however it starting to look like hes figured it out a little more.

I just don't know if i think Erbe is getting the recognition that he is deserving so far. Its not like hes doing this at Frederick. He's always had a great arm and have been a bit inconsistent however it starting to look like hes figured it out a little more.
20 IP 11 H 7 R 2 HR 19 K 8 BB 2 HBP

Pretty damn good start for Erbe so far. The hit totals are incredible. Everything else is very good although not spectacular.

20 IP 11 H 7 R 2 HR 19 K 8 BB 2 HBP

Pretty damn good start for Erbe so far. The hit totals are incredible. Everything else is very good although not spectacular.

His K rate is pretty darned good, also he has only allowed 2 ER which is a big difference from the 7 R and he has less than 1HR per 9, which is an improvement. I'm more than happy with the numbers he's posted as a 21 yo in AA.

I've heard people say that Erbe throws with a lot of effort. I watched some video on youtube from last April looking for something herky jerky in his motion. Except for him falling off to the 1B side after his follow through I didn't really see anything that jumped out at me. I checked Scherzer's delivery and did see a little more effort in his arm action. Maybe it's just that I'm not trained to see it, but Erbe looked pretty smooth to me. I do remember back when he had the toe extension (up on his right toe before striding towards home plate) and he looked like there was a lot of effort then. Now I don't see it. What do you see exactly?

He's not as bad as Scherzer (who yanks with a pretty sizeable head jerk) but you can see Erbe pulling down with some jerk in his shoulder.

Eh, eh. Not for me. Erbe throws more effort and his success isn't predicated on his breaking ball, necessarily. I'd think maybe someone like Max Scherzer.

Is Burnett a 2 pitch pitcher? His velo was waaaay down the other day. If he is only a 2 pitch pitcher and he loses that fastball velo, he may become very hittable.....

Is Burnett a 2 pitch pitcher? His velo was waaaay down the other day. If he is only a 2 pitch pitcher and he loses that fastball velo, he may become very hittable.....

FB, CB, CH.

He doesn't generally use his CH enough (which is a pretty good pitch). So, when he isn't commanding his CB, batters can sit FB.

Archived