Does a Yankee get plunked tomorrow?

oriole_way

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy to use is Rob Bell...If he gets suspended, we are better for it.

As long as there are no warnings before the retaliation I can't see someone getting suspended. Hell, if Bedard hit Jeter in the hip I doubt anyone would be upset on the Yankee bench. They'd say, "now we're even, let's move on." I could be wrong, but you see that sort of thing regularly. It doesn't warrant a suspension.

The guy to use is Rob Bell...If he gets suspended, we are better for it.

No no no, use Hoey. he throws the hardest. Plus he will get in good with his teammates for protecting there guy. Who cares if he gets a little suspension.

I kind of want to see someone charge the mound. But hopefully if an Oriole does, they dont do it if Farnsworth is pitching.

No no no, use Hoey. he throws the hardest. Plus he will get in good with his teammates for protecting there guy. Who cares if he gets a little suspension.

I kind of want to see someone charge the mound. But hopefully if an Oriole does, they dont do it if Farnsworth is pitching.

I heard that Melvin used to be an amatuer boxer, any truth to this??

I can't believe the umpires did NOTHING when Nick and Miggy got hit. :002_smad:

But what should we expect we were in good ol' New York!

I hope we don't do anything today in retaliation. I don't want Bedard to possibly get thrown out and hurt his chances for the CY. :o

They better watch their backs though when they come to our house next series!

Totally disagree, you have to protect your teammates.

Am I right in assuming you're saying that - If the O's don't have a pitcher throw at one of the Yankee stars, that'll lead to other pitchers throwing at the O's?

If that is what you're trying to say - I think you're wrong. I think showing that you'll react by playing very aggressively and beating them into the ground is a better way of protecting your teammates. It probably helps to say it this way - Keep your foot on their throat and don't let go.

You're way risks further retaliation and doesn't protect anyone.

Truthfully, it is pretty stupid, but we can't let them think they can push us around, it's more a pride thing to me. Obviously, two wrongs don't make a right, but I just don't think we can sit there and let this happen. The Yankees are a great team, and deserve respect for that. However, they don't deserve to be able to get away with hitting people just because they're not used to getting blown out.

I'd rather push them back by winning 12-0 again.

I can't believe I'm hearing this. Do people really care more about Bedard's personal accomplishments than the good of the team? Since when is the goal of this season to win Erik Bedard the Cy Young?

I'm sorry, but that "let's just beat them" attitude is for the birds (no pun intended). Why can't we win AND stand up for ourselves? Would it be the end of the world to hit a batter with two outs with the strikeout leader on the mound?

I've heard people complain constantly about Bedard's makeup. He's not a gamer...he's not a leader...he doesn't step up. Well here's his chance. I guarantee Bedard's teammates will have a lot more respect for him if he drills Jeter or ARod. (It goes without saying that we're not headhunting. You never try to hurt someone.)

I know for a fact that more than a few guys in the O's locker room are irked about what happened yesterday. If Bedard plunks someone tomorrow you watch the high fives he gets when he gets back to the dugout.

Good of the team = Bedard pitching well tomorrow. Not getting sidetracked by some stupid bean ball war.

Archived