Does a Yankee get plunked tomorrow?

oriole_way

Am I right in assuming you're saying that - If the O's don't have a pitcher throw at one of the Yankee stars, that'll lead to other pitchers throwing at the O's?

If that is what you're trying to say - I think you're wrong. I think showing that you'll react by playing very aggressively and beating them into the ground is a better way of protecting your teammates. It probably helps to say it this way - Keep your foot on their throat and don't let go.

You're way risks further retaliation and doesn't protect anyone.

I don't think that is necessarily true. Its about standing up for your teammates. Why should presumably intentional pitches thrown at Markakis and Tejada not be retaliated again?

Its likely that an O's pitcher throwing at a Yankees batter today would be the end of it anyways.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have loved to see Millar just kind of admire that home run all the way to second and maybe do like the Thrilller dance on his way in from third.

Now that's what I call retaliation.

He should've reprised the Ray Lewis dance before he left the batter's box.

Good of the team = Bedard pitching well tomorrow. Not getting sidetracked by some stupid bean ball war.

Hitting one of their players once is not a bean ball war. It would end any tension and let both teams move on. The idea is not to get even with NY, it is to show your teammates that you have their backs.

Two major points:

1. You never try to hurt another player.

2. You always try to win the game.

In this case you back up your teammates while respecting #1 and #2.

Archived