Does a Yankee get plunked tomorrow?

oriole_way

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where'd you hear this?

That is 100% my fabrication. My impression is that Bedard is not so inclined... my assumption is that DT had a little chat with him... I am making all of this up out of 100% whole cloth with zero facts behind it.

That is 100% my fabrication. My impression is that Bedard is not so inclined... my assumption is that DT had a little chat with him... I am making all of this up out of 100% whole cloth with zero facts behind it.

I disagree with this. It's completely within Bedard's nature to stick up for his teammates. From what I hear, he's always been known as a stand-up teammate and is well-liked in the clubhouse. He saw the same things we did last night, and he knew exactly what to do about it.

My bet is that Trembley didn't have to say a word to him.

A retaliatory plunk...goes a lot further than one run and one game.

I'm not trying to be snarky at all, but what exactly does a retaliatory plunk accomplish to make it more valuable than giving up a run or losing a game?

Is this purely a matter of team morale? (i.e.- we got each other's back)

you may very well be right. this is just something i feel like i've never really understood.

Why didn't we just do it yesterday while leading 12-0? :confused:

Plunking someone in the 1st with 2 outs is a more powerful statement than hitting someone in the 9th when it's 12-0. Either the way, the message has been sent and we shouldn't see anything else happen from here on out.

I disagree with this. It's completely within Bedard's nature to stick up for his teammates. From what I hear, he's always been known as a stand-up teammate and is well-liked in the clubhouse. He saw the same things we did last night, and he knew exactly what to do about it.

Agree Paul but then again, we think he has heart and is a good teammate, so what do we know? :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to be snarky at all, but what exactly does a retaliatory plunk accomplish to make it more valuable than giving up a run or losing a game?

Is this purely a matter of team morale? (i.e.- we got each other's back)

you may very well be right. this is just something i feel like i've never really understood.

It's for team morale, sticking up for your teammates, and letting the other team know that we aren't going to take it. All in all, it's about respect. This team is not going to break by losing one game, but it will if we lose team morale and support.

You could be right. As I said, I was reading that into it.

I have no doubt that Erik is a stand-up teammate who is well-liked, and I never meant to imply otherwise. I was just unaware that this translated into him throwing at guys in such circumstances. Not saying it never happened, only that I don't know about it...

Agreed, A Rod's a baby and would have cried about it for days...Jeter understands he's the face of the team and he can handle it.

I hate to say this, I mean I really hate to say this, but you have to credit Jeter for handling that in the best possible way. He's the reason it didn't escalate and ended where it should have.

Archived