Does a Yankee get plunked tomorrow?

oriole_way

Didn't see a thread about it. (Sorry if I missed it.)

Tejada and Markakis both got drilled. Tejada was hit in the shoulder, and when I say shoulder, I mean deltoid, not middle of the upper arm. The pitch was too close too his head IMO. I didn't know if that was an accident or not but then Markakis got drilled later smack in the middle of his back. Our #3 and #4 hitters hit in those locations? That cannot be coincidence.

At this time, I was hoping that Cabrera would drill a Yankee or too in retaliation but Arod, Jeter and Posada had already been removed from the game. I didn't want them to drill someone like Phillips or Molina.

So I hope that there is a situation tomorrow where we can drill either Arod or Jeter, preferably both.

I don't advocate doing it in a situation where the outcome of the game hangs in the balance, but I hope there is a more favorable situation that allows for it.

How do others feel?

That really irritated me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tejada and Markakis both got drilled. Tejada was hit in the shoulder, and when I say shoulder, I mean deltoid, not middle of the upper arm. The pitch was too close too his head IMO. I didn't know if that was an accident or not but then Markakis got drilled later smack in the middle of his back. Our #3 and #4 hitters hit in those locations? That cannot be coincidence.

At this time, I was hoping that Cabrera would drill a Yankee or too in retaliation but Arod, Jeter and Posada had already been removed from the game. I didn't want them to drill someone like Phillips or Molina.

So I hope that there is a situation tomorrow where we can drill either Arod or Jeter, preferably both.

I don't advocate doing it in a situation where the outcome of the game hangs in the balance, but I hope there is a more favorable situation that allows for it.

How do others feel?

Walker in the 8th.

Tomorrow is not the time. This dish needs to be served cold...say the last weekend of the year, at home. Derek Christ and Miss Pay Rod may want to sit that one out, because there will be targets on their backs.

BTW, there is no doubt, and I do mean no doubt, that Markakis was not an accident. He got hit in exactly the same spot Benitez hit Tino Martinez all those years ago.

Absolutely not, the umps will warn both teams. It'll happen down the line, but not tomorrow. I would expect it to be Jeter or A Rod since they got two of our better players.

Why would the umps warn both teams? We didn't hit any of their guys today.

I agree with Basherman, do it at the end of the season.

I dunno who to go after. I hate Jeter, but I love Jeter, you know? He's a class act, great professional, plays hard....he doesn't deserve it.

Then again, they did plunk our two best players...

Should be interesting.

I think the focus of tomorrow should be to get 2/3 and get Bedard a win to keep him in the Cy race.

How do others feel?

A totally stupid idea IMHO. They were drilled by 2 different pitchers, neither of whom could find the plate. I seriously doubt there was any intent. If we retaliate tomorrow we run the risk of a suspension. Unless it's Shuey who does the plunking I don't see the point.

Probably not. Bedard doesn't really do this sort of thing. Cabrera should have done it tonight and it would have been over.

The problem was that Jeter and Arod were already out of the game. Posada was out as well.

I want Jeter and Arod to get plunked, and not in the leg. And I wouldn't be unhappy if it led to a trip to the dl for them.

I agree with Basherman, do it at the end of the season.

I dunno who to go after. I hate Jeter, but I love Jeter, you know? He's a class act, great professional, plays hard....he doesn't deserve it.

Then again, they did plunk our two best players...

Should be interesting.

I think the focus of tomorrow should be to get 2/3 and get Bedard a win to keep him in the Cy race.

Jeter doesn't deserve it, he does play the right way. But, you gotta make a statement, and he's the marquee guy.

A totally stupid idea IMHO. They were drilled by 2 different pitchers, neither of whom could find the plate. I seriously doubt there was any intent. If we retaliate tomorrow we run the risk of a suspension. Unless it's Shuey who does the plunking I don't see the point.

But it's where they were hit that bothered me. The pitch to Tejada was close to his head. Markakis was drilled in the center of his back. They were both nailed with fastballs. They hit our #3 and #4 batters.

There's no way all of that is coincidence.

Maybe Brower was upset that Roberts stole 2nd and 3rd on him. Maybe they were upset because it was turning into a laugher. I don't know what the reason was, but it was intentional.

I don't necessarily want Bedard to hit Jeter or Arod early in the game, unless there are two out and nobody on, and even then winning the game is the most important thing. But if it's toward the end of the game and either team has a 4+ run lead, I would like to see payback.

Whoever came up with "Derek Christ" and 'Miss Pay Rod" deserves the post of the year....It makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.....That is the funniest thing Ive ever seen!!!!

My vote still goes to Monty Python's Holy Grail. But that's just me.

Archived