4/29 Halos @ O's

Saintbird

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Pie has bad numbers against LHP but is Montanez equally as bad against RHP? I figure we need to make one of them our regular LF so they are not constantly playing like they're under the gun.

Both of them look too eager, even hungry when they come up to bat. They are swinging too hard, too early.

The O's aren't going to pinch hit for their left-handed starting left-fielder with a right-handed pitching. You can complain that Pie shouldn't be starting but there is no way you can pinch-hit for him in that situation.

They just did it for Izturis. I may have saved him for the LH closer.

I am REALLY sorry I watched this game. My most frustrating of the year, barring a surprise....

Another good outing from Baez (so far). He really has looked much improved for the better part of this year. But unfortunately its all gonna go for naught again. We just still don't do enough of the little things I'm sad to say. And that's gotta start with the veterans. Moeller's sure trying to lead by example...

The most pathetic thing about the whole Pie disaster is that he’s getting lifted for defensive purposes late in ballgames. The biggest thing everyone pointed to was his “stellar” defense and how many runs it was going to save the O’s pitchers.

One point though I think everyone is missing about the LF situation is that there is no guarantee Reimold will even be an upgrade over Pie. Mashing AAA pitching isn’t the same as hitting MLB pitching. Montanez was hitting .429 in AAA before he called up and now he’s batting a hefty .167, almost as bad as Pie.

Archived