5/10 Yankees at O's

VThokies

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He touched the base and then over slide and was tagged out. Still a BS call IMO.

Yeah, it's a correct call, I just haven't ever seen it before. A walk isn't a dead-ball situation, so he can be called out after he touches second.

Please give a recap, Gameday just had it as a walk to Nick and a caught stealing by Jones, how did he manage that?

Jones was running prior to Nick drawing the walk. The throw came down to second after the ump called ball four, and Jones overslid the bag and was tagged out.

If there had been a walk and Jones took a couple steps past the bag and was tagged he would have been called out just the same. Just an unfortunate time to overslide the bag.

The second base umpire is supposed to put his hands in there air signaling that the play is dead since the runner has no idea. I see it all the time and the runners just slow down and walk into second. Why wasn't that done here?

Absolutely, who knew that Bob Davidson could screw us over as the second base umpire when he wasn't calling balks?

Absolutely, who knew that Bob Davidson could screw us over as the second base umpire when he wasn't calling balks?

Anything to give the Yankees an advantage. I think if you look at all the calls over the years, you'd find a majority of them in the Yankees' favor. I haven't seen too many go against them.

Anything to give the Yankees an advantage. I think if you look at all the calls over the years, you'd find a majority of them in the Yankees' favor...

Unfortunately this is probably 100% correct. It's sad, the state of things.

Archived