5/10 Yankees at O's

VThokies

Stupid, stupid, stupid pitch calling by Zaun......

You can not call the same pitch, over and over, over to major league hitters, they will eventually time you and hit you hard.

Let's go ahead and stop saying we need Zaun here because he calls a good game.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you remove Koji after 93 pitches, and you put in Walker?

I just don't get this move at all. Koji is getting paid $5 million a year and we baby him by yanking him after 93 pitches and a strong 1-2-3 inning. A real head scratcher.

I think from now on Koji is going to insist on staying in games past the sixth. And I wdn't blame him.:rolleyestf:

You had a guy in Cano, who is left-handed hitting against a guy he has his pretty well in his career in Walker. Why did DT keep Walker in there? Why not go into the match-up game?

This game has me in a foul mood and it's not even over yet.

I'm actually feeling a comeback. Call me crazy. O's win 6-5. Huff daddy strikes again.

I'll say it. This team is the anti 2008 Orioles. They hit early then stop. They are not a comeback team. This is one of the things that annoys me so much about those Orioles promo shots where the people are talking about how much heart the "comeback" have...

Same here. No reason for Koji not to go 7 other than serious overmanaging by Trembley, and I'm not a Trembley hater by any stretch. I don't feel bad about second guessing because that was my immediate thought when the inning started. Of course, Walker, Roberts, and to some extent JJ deserve some blame for that disaster too, although Johnson was unlucky with lazy defense and a dribbler that extended the inning. Still have a chance here but need some runs.

Same here. No reason for Koji not to go 7 other than serious overmanaging by Trembley, and I'm not a Trembley hater by any stretch. I don't feel bad about second guessing because that was my immediate thought when the inning started. Of course, Walker, Roberts, and to some extent JJ deserve some blame for that disaster too, although Johnson was unlucky with lazy defense and a dribbler that extended the inning. Still have a chance here but need some runs.

Uehara has shown a tendencey to lose it QUICKLY in the 6th or 7th inning, so I have no problem with a quick hook for him. Hindsight is 20/20, of course, it looks bad now, but I was actually happy to see him yanked. Look at what he gave upbefore being removed inhis last couple starts.

He's not tired. He just didn't take a good route to the ball like he normally does.

Bottom line. He makes that play 9 out of 10 times and we're still up 3-2.

Before all that Walker should have not faced Cano, but whatever.

Archived