Pie to hospital. Next stop DL?

PrivateO

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can he be placed on waivers while on the DL?

That would be incomprehensibly silly. I don't mean to appear as if I'm wishing for a DL stint (I think he's improved mightily lately), but this could be a good opportunity to appease the naysayers by letting Pie prove himself in 20 games at Norfolk and letting Reimold prove himself in the majors.

Pie to the DL and the longest rehab stint possible is practically a lock I would imagine.

Reimold up, soon followed by Wieters (Moeller) and Hill (TBD).

Watch the O's bring up Gathright?!!!

Honestly... it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

"Any player under contract may be placed on waivers at any time. "

If I were AM, Pie definitely goes on the DL. At the very least, he can get a few rehab starts in the minors. In regards to waiving him, whatteam would claim Pie and his .180 avg. off the DL?

All baseball aside, I hope he is ok and makes a full recovery.

If I were AM, Pie definitely goes on the DL. At the very least, he can get a few rehab starts in the minors. In regards to waiving him, whatteam would claim Pie and his .180 avg. off the DL?

It would actually make more sense for a team to claim him off of the DL. They could stretch it out, send him to extended spring training and then on a 30 day rehab stint. They'd have the same rights as the O's if he gets placed on the DL.

In other words, they'd get a talented young player and not even have to worry about forcing him onto the ML team for probably 60 days (DL + rehab).

I think someone already posted on this thread that a team cannot waive a player on the DL.

"Any player under contract may be placed on waivers at any time. "
I think someone already posted on this thread that a team cannot waive a player on the DL.

It is the opposite, but forget this stuff for now. Going to the hospital is serious stuff. I hope everything is alright and this is just a precautionary thing.

It is the opposite, but forget this stuff for now. Going to the hospital is serious stuff. I hope everything is alright and this is just a precautionary thing.

Oh, okay then. I mis-interpreted the post apparently. I agree this may be serious as they don't send someone to the hospital for a stomach virus when they just started a baseball game.

I'm no doctor but that could be an appendix issue. If they burst they can be troublesome.. mine did and It REALLY sucked. Hope he's ok.

Maybe it did on that diving attempt on Crawford double. He did land on his side. Where is the appendix again?

Archived