Pie to hospital. Next stop DL?

PrivateO

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Gordo is right. Someone is going to have to back up Jones if Pie can't. Reimold and Montanez are not capable of that. They could try to force Andino out there, but that might not turn out well.

The problem is, can you justify bringing up a bench player that will never play over a prospect that is dominating AAA?

In the event of an injury to Jones, you can go with someone for the rest of that game and then get the CFer up for the next day.

To add another thought to this discussion, the Orioles might not have to go with a 2 man bench tomorrow if Pie can't go.

Hendrickson has only gone 5 innings total in his last two starts, throwing only 100 pitches in the the last 10 days. He is also the one who will most likely lose his rotation spot to Hill. We could option out McCrory and call up someone from AAA shall they be needed and then send them down when Hill is activated.

Felix was released from UMD Medical Center.

Per Roch

Good news....If he tore something, I doubt they would keep him overnight.

Obviously its not something like an appendix issue.

He could have an ab strain.

For them to send him to the hospital, I would think it is more than just an upset stomach.

To add another thought to this discussion, the Orioles might not have to go with a 2 man bench tomorrow if Pie can't go.

Hendrickson has only gone 5 innings total in his last two starts, throwing only 100 pitches in the the last 10 days. He is also the one who will most likely lose his rotation spot to Hill. We could option out McCrory and call up someone from AAA shall they be needed and then send them down when Hill is activated.

Yep...This would probably be the easiest thing to do right now.

Pie is headed to a hospital, according to Roch. He also mentions that because Scott is unable to play tomorrow, the O's will have a 2 man bench, unless a transaction is made.

Could we see one of the two to the DL? Possibly Pie? It would give the team much needed bench help, on top of giving Pie some time in the minors to work on his swing.

Reimold is ready. Had another homer and 3 for 5 game tonight. Hitting .396.

What else can a guy do? Wear a cape?

Keep it up for another month.

How many months does he need to keep it up to get a shot? He scorched the ball for the final month of the AA regular season last year, the followed it up wit a .342 BA, 6 HR, 9 RBI, and 10 runs in the EL playoffs.

He then had a rough start to the AFL, but finished with a torrid pace of 13-for-39 with all four of his homers during the fall season and demolished the ball in spring training for a line of .321/.406/.750. Now, he has destroyed AAA and AAAA and soon-to-be top flight MLB pitchers (*cough* David Price *cough*) for over a month. Really, what more does he need to prove to get a shot?

Lets not put the cart before the horse. We spent a day deciding who would replace Scott when he went to the DL, only to find out he was ok. My first concern is that Pie is not seriously hurt, and his being released from the hospital is a great sign. He will more than likely need a day or two off and then be ok. If it IS some kind of strain or pull, then I don't see how the Orioles can justify NOT bringing Reimold up? It might actually prove to be the best possible scenario. If Reimold comes up and is successful, we have a real good problem to address. If he comes up and struggles mightily, then you just send him back down once Pie comes off the DL.

If he comes up and struggles mightily, then you just send him back down once Pie comes off the DL.
Everybody struggles mightily when they get called up. It's the nature of the beast. I don't want Reimold up for a cup of coffee, however, only to see him struggle before finding his bigleague timing. I want him to be given the same patience we've shown, so far, to Pie.

Archived