Opinions of Luke Murton?

The Georgia Tech outfielder is a big, athletic, with good hitting skills. His brother, if I'm not mistaken, is a Major Leaguer (Cubs, now traded to the A's, I think?).

Not a first rounder, but a 3rd rounder perhaps?

A scout I know says "No Way" Ackley is still around by the 5th pick. He said "the Best overall hitter in the draft never makes it past 3 in any draft"....

So you can write off Ackley and Strasburg for sure. All we need to do is figure out who's off the board at 3 and 4 and we'll get an idea who our pick will be...

The Georgia Tech outfielder is a big, athletic, with good hitting skills. His brother, if I'm not mistaken, is a Major Leaguer (Cubs, now traded to the A's, I think?).

A scout I know says "No Way" Ackley is still around by the 5th pick. He said "the Best overall hitter in the draft never makes it past 3 in any draft"....

So you can write off Ackley and Strasburg for sure. All we need to do is figure out who's off the board at 3 and 4 and we'll get an idea who our pick will be...

Sorry but I'd have to question his knowledge on that one then. There was this one guy Wieters a couple years ago...

I'd put Murton as a second day guy.

I wonder what makes you say that? He seems to hit pretty well- at least, based on his stats.

Anyone know anything about Notre Dame shortstop Jeremy Barnes? I haven't seen him play, but I noticed he put up great numbers this year and plays a valued (and needed within the organization) position....

I wonder what makes you say that? He seems to hit pretty well- at least, based on his stats.

Anyone know anything about Notre Dame shortstop Jeremy Barnes? I haven't seen him play, but I noticed he put up great numbers this year and plays a valued (and needed within the organization) position....

Bit of a metal bat swing. Type of guy I'd target as a potential reserve OF. Organizational guy with some upside, but not someone I'd be counting on a high return from. I'd think 8th - 15th roundish. Took a nice step forward this year, though. I agree.

Bit of a metal bat swing. Type of guy I'd target as a potential reserve OF. Organizational guy with some upside, but not someone I'd be counting on a high return from. I'd think 8th - 15th roundish. Took a nice step forward this year, though. I agree.

He's Brandon Tripp, essentially.

I think he'd be lucky to see AA.

Archived