What do you think Joe Jordan's draft board looks like right now?

1. Strasburg

2. Ackley

3. Matzek

4. Wheeler

5. Miller

6. Crow

7. Scheppers

8. Gibson

9. Green

10. Purke

I think we are looking at taking a prep arm seeing the depth we have already that is almost ML ready.

1. Strasburg

2. Ackley

3. Crow

4. Matzek

5. Green

I think Joe Jordan's board will be like I have it shown above but the order will change in our favor. I still think Seattle will take Crow instead of Ackley and San Diego will go for Green. Pittsburgh will pass on Ackley and he will become an Oriole. More offense will be on it's way to Baltimore.

1. Strasburg

2. Ackley

3. Crow

4. Matzek

5. Green

I think Joe Jordan's board will be like I have it shown above but the order will change in our favor. I still think Seattle will take Crow instead of Ackley and San Diego will go for Green. Pittsburgh will pass on Ackley and he will become an Oriole. More offense will be on it's way to Baltimore.

Hope you're right. I don't know about Seattle, though. Ackley's without a doubt the best position player and I don't recall Seattle being averse to taking a big pick even if it meant dollars. It is, however, a sputtering economy at best so perhaps this changes the landscape...

I still think Seattle will take Crow instead of Ackley and San Diego will go for Green. Pittsburgh will pass on Ackley and he will become an Oriole. More offense will be on it's way to Baltimore.

I don't know about Seattle passing on Ackley. That lineup last night looked pretty AAAA-esque. :laughlol:

I don't know about the second 5, but I think you might have the first 5 down pretty good. Jordan might have Green pretty high based on his athleticism and the fact that he believes whatever happened this season can be fixed.

Honestly, I wasn't sure about the second 5 either. It wouldn't surprise if the O's have Tate ranked highly though, if only for his athleticism alone. I also think Gibson and Matzek have to fall somewhere in their Top 10. White and Miller I'm unsure about...

How are Ackley's splits? Are they supposed to be an issue? TIA.

They were early in the season, he wasn't hitting lefties, but it was just a panic move trying to find something wrong with him. He went on a bit of a tear against them later and balanced things out more.

That would be mine, as well. I'd be very excited if this team landed Matzek with their pick...can NEVER have enough arms.

I love the idea of getting Matzek. Obviously my preference would be Green, but you can't go wrong with IMO the best HS pitching prospect in the draft. I think with all of the pitchers in our system that are getting ready to get the to majors, this would be the perfect time to draft a high school arm. We can take our time and develop him without needing to rush him to the majors.

They were early in the season, he wasn't hitting lefties, but it was just a panic move trying to find something wrong with him. He went on a bit of a tear against them later and balanced things out more.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Makes me feel much better about him should he fall to us at #5.

I love the idea of getting Matzek. Obviously my preference would be Green, but you can't go wrong with IMO the best HS pitching prospect in the draft. I think with all of the pitchers in our system that are getting ready to get the to majors, this would be the perfect time to draft a high school arm. We can take our time and develop him without needing to rush him to the majors.

Couldn't agree more. I'm ready to start building for when these guys hit arbitration and are making $8 mil a piece. Say if one of them does very well, and then says he doesn't like the park and won't resign here, then you have a pitcher that will bring in another Bedard-like haul. That is how you build long term, by keeping both your upper and lower levels of the minors populated with real talent and by not letting players of value leave for nothing in return.

Seeing as how most of the "draft experts" don't have Green as high, do most of you think our current lack of minor league positional depth is clouding your judgment on Green just a bit? I don't think he's proven to be top 5 worthy and I'm hoping for another arm, so maybe I'm the one who's wrong.

Seeing as how most of the "draft experts" don't have Green as high, do most of you think our current lack of minor league positional depth is clouding your judgment on Green just a bit? I don't think he's proven to be top 5 worthy and I'm hoping for another arm, so maybe I'm the one who's wrong.

IIRC, Heyman reported recently that the O's were scouting Green heavily.

Archived