6/2 Orioles @ M's

24HOR

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be fair, we're still talking small sample size and potential flukes for Reimold. The same arguments could have been (and were) made about Izturis early in the season and his defense has picked up to a satisfactory level.

Hernandez looked good that inning despite the 2 runs. His changeup is a much better pitch than advertised. Not to mention the fastball and slider are as good as expected.

He looked good once he got to beltre...his fbs were going in the dirt until then.

He settled down and i expect good innings the rest of the way, but he didn't pitch great to the first two.

Still...i liked what i saw

Description for those following on Gameday!!!!!

Reimold went back... turned the other direction, put his glove up feebly while running back and had it glance off the top of his glove. The ball bounced to the wall and Cesar's throw to the plate was on target but late.

Let's be fair, we're still talking small sample size and potential flukes for Reimold. The same arguments could have been (and were) made about Izturis early in the season and his defense has picked up to a satisfactory level.

Except those who watched him in the minors say that these kinds of gaffes are more frequent than they should be.

For those following on gameday:

Deep flyball to left. Nolan took a circuitious route to the ball, got to it anyway, but it hit him in the glove and he dropped it.

Still don't see how that's scored a hit. Must be that home-field scoring.

Archived