O's Getting Serious About Sano?

Lucky Jim

Seriously, man. That's not even the best law school in Chicago. ;)

It should be obvious to anyone that there's going to be bias (intended or unintended) in the descriptions offered by someone w/ financial interest. No big deal. Objective distance and a healthy skepticism could do wonders for most of us.

But the view from our law library is much better...seriously, that's all I got. ;)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But the view from our law library is much better...seriously, that's all I got. ;)

Hah. Apparently you don't like to watch roving packs of kids putting beatdowns on kids wearing home-made chainmail. To each their own.

Hah. Apparently you don't like to watch roving packs of kids putting beatdowns on kids wearing home-made chainmail. To each their own.

The 19 and under team I helped coach while in law school was based out of Hyde Park -- I LOVED my time in your neighborhood...:)

I actually wondered if it was professional for an agent to post on a fansite. I didn't say that it was, but I was curious b/c I've never heard of that happening before. Perhaps I could have worded it better, but I wasn't trying to imply that he was unprofessional.

If you have to ask the question "Is it professional to..." then in fact you ARE implying that he is not being professional.

Just saying.

Actually, if we're talking about my comments then I imply and you infer.

Just saying.

:laughlol: Touche!

All I'm saying is, its like when someone says "I'm not trying to be rude, but..." In most of those cases, they are being rude. If you ask the question "is it professional..." then it 'appears' what you are thinking is he is NOT being professional. Right? :mwahaha:

If you have to ask the question "Is it professional to..." then in fact you ARE implying that he is not being professional.

Just saying.

Professional or not, an agents job is to market his client and his talents. What better way to do that than straight to the fans on the internet?

If I were his agent I would be doing the same thing hoping it reaches local media and eventually national media. Fervor is good.;)

Okay Hangouters... let's leave the juvenile'ish commentary behind and focus on the subject matter at hand. Thank you. ;)

I am very hopeful that Andy MacPhail takes the plunge on Sano, and brings him into our system. It makes sense on many levels.

:laughlol: Touche!

All I'm saying is, its like when someone says "I'm not trying to be rude, but..." In most of those cases, they are being rude. If you ask the question "is it professional..." then it 'appears' what you are thinking is he is NOT being professional. Right? :mwahaha:

You're right, and if I had it to do over again I would probably have worded it differently. But, I don't, so I can't and I won't.

And considering Rob only goes to the Penn State message board and here at the Hangout... that's a really good sign ;)

Just kidding, though. But that's great of him to actually come on here and let us know about himself and Sano.

Flores signed for 750k and he wants 5mil for Sano...

Exactly.

That is why it would be cool for Sano's agent, himself, to put forth the argument why Sano deserves almost 7 times more.

Flores is struggling this year, too, as you might expect from a 17yr old in A ball.

Exactly.

That is why it would be cool for Sano's agent, himself, to put forth the argument why Sano deserves almost 7 times more.

Flores is struggling this year, too, as you might expect from a 17yr old in A ball.

Unless, of course, the same guy said Flores was worth, say, $3.5m at the time. Relying on these kinds of things for any real information is pretty flawed.

Unless, of course, the same guy said Flores was worth, say, $3.5m at the time. Relying on these kinds of things for any real information is pretty flawed.

I think because Sano's agent isn't a known commodity, and because the Latin America market isn't well understood by most of us (the process for identifying talent and bidding on said talent), this point is being lost.

Putting it into more accessible terms, if you were looking for an assessment of Mark Teixeira's abilities, would you go to Scott Boras circa December 2008 for that assessment?

Archived