A little info on Scott Swinson.

His dad and my dad are best friends ever since summer ball. His dad came over this weekend for a BBQ and i talked to him about Scott signing. This guy is known to stretch the truth a little and i have doubts about what he says.

He said Dean Albany was telling his agent he would be selected around 10th to 15th round. His agent told Dean how much he wanted and anything less he would not sign and go back to Maryland. He would not be specific on what money he was asking. I was told that he would play on Deans Summer league team, the same team Hoes came from and they will evaluate him. If he has a good summer and stays healthy they will probably sign him. His dad told me that his agent told some teams not to pick him because he would not sign with them.

I think he will be a good signing and has a legit 3 average pitches. Getting that late in the draft is not bad at all

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It’s a tough call, mostly because Cowser’s hit tool isn’t quite as good as I expected, though he may make more contact with experience.  I like both players and they bring different things to the table.  
    • I don’t think I said exactly two top 100 guys but yes, I’d do something like Kjerstad, Norby, DeLeon for Crochet.   I may have mentioned a slight variation on that previously.   Crochet is one of the best, most talented pitchers in baseball.   A difference maker.
    • Unhappy with 3-3 would be an overstatement.  I’d be a little disappointed.   I don’t “expect” anything - I’m hoping for better.       
    • In less than the last 12 months, we have lost FIVE really good to excellent major league pitchers. Doubt we'd be having this conversation if that hadn't happened. It's been obvious for several years, Elias & Co. valued drafting position players and using that asset plus waiver wire to get pitching. Of the five lost, only one was drafted by us. The trade deadline will be a hard time to make up for the loss of those five. Hopefully we can do enough betwween now and August to continue our trajectory. IMO, the next 8 months will tell a lot about Elias & Co. and our new ownership. Re the OP. IMO, there is no fool proof strategy. To many variables with each. It's almost whatever works and gets you there. Elias & Co. have gotten this far with an Angelos' ownership. I'm anxious to see what changes if any occur in the next eight months. Come next February, I'll have a better feel for our direction and how we are going to handle pitching in general going forward. What we enter 2025 with re pitching will be the telling time for me. But sometimes even the best of plans do not work out because of circumstances beyond your control. Such is life and baseball.
    • Not as short as I thought.  According to this chart, he was here from 1984-1996.  I definitely didn’t realize he was here that long.   Funny, I barely remember what he was like.  I mainly remember him being a good foil for John Lowenstein.  
    • Really nice to see the pitchers progressing with a solid crew from 5-8.
    • I think you are underselling the month. Would you be unhappy if they went 3-3 to start this?  I’m honestly not expecting more than that.
  • Popular Contributors