Christopher Tillman

QBsILLEST1

I agree, and would also like to point out that DH is easier to call up than Tillman for roster purposes. His option has already been used and he can be sent up or down as many times as they like without using another option (for the rest of this season) or ejecting another player from the 40-Man roster.

If Tillman does come up, I'd wager that it'd be closer either the trade deadline or September call-ups. No point in calling him up yet for a variety of reasons, and not all baseball related.

I didnt know thats how options worked. I thought that if you get called up thats 1 option and if you get sent back down for more than 10 days, and are recalled, you are using another option, but if called up in that 10 day period, no option is wasted. I think I may understand it now though, I was applying the 10 day rule incorrectly....

I didnt know thats how options worked. I thought that if you get called up thats 1 option and if you get sent back down for more than 10 days, and are recalled, you are using another option, but if called up in that 10 day period, no option is wasted. I think I may understand it now though, I was applying the 10 day rule incorrectly....

Options are used when a player is sent down, not called up. If the player is recalled before a twenty day period the option is not used. If he stays down for more than 20 days then the option is official for the year and the player may be called up as many times as the organization wants over the course of the season without burning up any additional options. Options are really option years.

A player must stay down for 10 days before he is recalled.

Basically, any player who is on the 40 man roster but not on the active 25 man roster for 20 days in a season is considered to be on "optional assignment." Most players may be optioned for three seasons before running out, but some qualify for a fourth option year.

Options are used when a player is sent down, not called up. If the player is recalled before a twenty day period the option is not used. If he stays down for more than 20 days then the option is official for the year and the player may be called up as many times as the organization wants over the course of the season without burning up any additional options. Options are really option years.

A player must stay down for 10 days before he is recalled.

Basically, any player who is on the 40 man roster but not on the active 25 man roster for 20 days in a season is considered to be on "optional assignment." Most players may be optioned for three seasons before running out, but some qualify for a fourth option year.

But a player like Pie with no options cannot be sent back down, even if he is recalled within that 20 day period I am assuming?

But a player like Pie with no options cannot be sent back down, even if he is recalled within that 20 day period I am assuming?

Actually that's a good question and I don't know the answer. My gut says that you can't do that but I don't really know.

I'm sure Crazysilver or someone else could answer that.

If we could have sent Pie down for 20 days, I am under the assumption we would have done so at some point in the season.....I could be wrong though.....

Check out the Options Thread in the Main Forum. I can answer all of your questions.

Pie can't be sent down at all without going through waivers. No 20 day period. Once you are out of options, the only way off the roster is through waivers.

We would probably just outright release him, but MacPhail loves him some Pie.

Similar situation happened with Moeller when we brought Wieters up.

Barring a change in Pie's status (e.g., no injury), I think there's virtually no chance that we simply release him, as Andy would be able to get something of value for him in the event that the organization decides not to retain Felix. Also, we never released Moeller. We merely DFAed him during the period before we sent him to Norfolk.

Barring a change in Pie's status (e.g., no injury), I think there's virtually no chance that we simply release him, as Andy would be able to get something of value for him in the event that the organization decides not to retain Felix. Also, we never released Moeller. We merely DFAed him during the period before we sent him to Norfolk.

From an interview between Roch and MacPhail posted last night:

MacPhail on Felix Pie: "He's not getting through outrights. I can just tell you that right now. That's not going to happen. He's not going to get through."

Basically backing up your opinion.

Archived