July 2: Baltimore at Anaheim

Why Not?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, if he was a career .275 hitter with the same power numbers(e.g. Frank Howard), he wouldn't get in.

But steroids can't make you a lifetime .322 hitter.

I bet it can add a bunch of points...dunno how many, but no reason to think it can't... roids amps up all the raw hunter aspects...

I bet it can add a bunch of points...dunno how many, but no reason to think it can't... roids amps up all the raw hunter aspects...

Then why are Sosa, Palmeiro, and McGwire all in the top 10 for career HR but none of them crack the top 400 for career BA?

Then why are Sosa, Palmeiro, and McGwire all in the top 10 for career HR but none of them crack the top 400 for career BA?

I didn't say it creates it out of thin air, but there's every reason to think it can improve performance. Different hitters try to do different things and have different levels of ability. I wasn't saying roids equalized everybody's ability. Roids don't have just a 1-dimensional impact about improving strength. There's lots of ways to improve strength. Roids improve things beyond just that.

Archived