7/7 - O's @ M's... Can we solve Bedard?

The Rick

This is just plain piss poor managing from DT and I know he got tossed but he's still calling the shots.

Guts needs to be yanked. There is nothing to be gained from him continuing to pitch.

Guts can't throw his fastball and is staying away from it. Something is wrong...

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does everyone here seriously think they know more than Bancells/Kranny? I'm sure there's some sort of explanation, but if he was out there hurting himself further, I highly doubt they'd leave him out there. Bancells is supposedly one of the best, he isn't an idiot.

This is just plain piss poor managing from DT and I know he got tossed but he's still calling the shots.

Guts needs to be yanked. There is nothing to be gained from him continuing to pitch.

Guts can't throw his fastball and is staying away from it. Something is wrong...

I'm not sure Trembley can make changes or not. I thought Kranitz effectively becomes the manager?

Either way, if there is something physically wrong this is on Kranitz, not Trembley.

I'm not sure Trembley can make changes or not. I thought Kranitz effectively becomes the manager?

Either way, if there is something physically wrong this is on Kranitz, not Trembley.

Trembley can still call the shots from inside the clubhouse. He can relay to Jauss (the fill-in manager) what he wants to do.

Does everyone here seriously think they know more than Bancells/Kranny? I'm sure there's some sort of explanation, but if he was out there hurting himself further, I highly doubt they'd leave him out there. Bancells is supposedly one of the best, he isn't an idiot.

Palmer thinks he does, and he has said at least 5 times that there's something wrong with Guthrie.

I think it's pretty obvious that he's not right.

Something is definitely wrong with Guthrie.

I usually watch his starts on MLB gameday to see the location of his pitches: most of them are WAYY high in the zone. Top of the zone, straight as an arrow.

I think there is something wrong with him that is preventing his finding the bottom of the zone, he was one of the few that excelled under Mazzone's tuitilidge, so keeping the ball low in the zone should be a specialty.

DL Guthrie, determine if the problem is medical. He can still be effective if healthy.

Trembley can still call the shots from inside the clubhouse. He can relay to Jauss (the fill-in manager) what he wants to do.

Yeah but Kranitz is the pitching coach and Bancells is the head trainer. Those two would likely identify issues with Guthrie before Trembley would.

Palmer thinks he does, and he has said at least 5 times that there's something wrong with Guthrie.

I think it's pretty obvious that he's not right.

Does Palmer have to go down to the clubhouse himself?

GET HIM OUT OF THERE! It's not worth the risk to Jeremy

Archived