7/7 - O's @ M's... Can we solve Bedard?

The Rick

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what i'm thinking... I hope he's alright, my goodness.

Good for him, he's protecting his team and player there, and I like that. As Palmer mentioned, there wasn't any profanity or insulting of the ump, he just didn't agree with the call.

You get the feeling a LOT of frustration was boiled up in DT and he just let it all out there.

"You know me, I don't say anything. You messed that up, you're telling me my guy didn't run hard."

Agreed. He seemed like he needed to vent.

I'm not sure if he should score or not.

Its not where he is at the time the ball goes out of play. Its where he is at the time of the throw. Can't tell from the camera angle where Nolan was at the actual time of the throw.

Not saying you're wrong, I just don't know how that makes sense. He's going to take 2b on the hit, it shouldn't matter where he is in relation to 2b when the throw is made.

Not saying you're wrong, I just don't know how that makes sense. He's going to take 2b on the hit, it shouldn't matter where he is in relation to 2b when the throw is made.
Because that's the rule. Until you touch 2nd base, you're on 1st base. Its irrelevant where you are going, just what the last base you've touched is.

A lot of times you'll hear parents and coaches incorrectly say the rule is "the base you're going to and one more". I think that's what you're thinking along the lines of. But that's not the rule.

One thing I have noticed about Guthrie in early innings. Seems to me as if many starters will try to establish one, maybe two pitches the first time through the lineup. Maybe a fastball and a curve. However, Guthrie seems to show all of his pitches right away... fastball, curve, change, even a slider.

I'm just wondering...

Archived