7/7 - O's @ M's... Can we solve Bedard?

The Rick

Good lord this is just plain embarassing now.

I'm just waiting for Guthrie to yelp in pain and crumble to the mound...

Hard to watch him struggle like this. Roberts or Mora need to go talk to him and stall.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I not express concern for Guthrie's health given the status of our pitching staff without "wetting my pants?"

It's not about him getting hit, it's about his health of his arm.

Of course you can.

And, if you yell and scream, and start claiming Palmer says he's hurt when Palmer didn't, I'm gonna point it out. Heaven forbid we can have a ballgame without a whole dang page or two of people screaming and yelling when theyu don't know what the hell they're talking about....

What exactly happened on the play, if you don't mind me asking.
Bases loaded with 2 outs. Scott hits a 20-2 pitch (so runners not going) to center / right-center. Gutierrez gets to it and throws wildly to home, the ball bouncing into the stands.

Jones and Markakis scored easily. And I think the umps initially awarded Reimold home (or he just took it). Umpires consulted or something and they rules that Reimold had to stay at third.

The rule is 2 bases from time of throw. So essentially they were saying that Reimold, with a lead and breaking on contact, could not run 80 or so feet before Gutierrez could get to the ball, crow hop, and fire home. I find that a dubious claim, but there was never a good enough camera angle to see exactly where Reimold was at the time of the throw, so we don't know for certain.

Bases loaded with 2 outs. Scott hits a 20-2 pitch (so runners not going) to center / right-center. Gutierrez gets to it and throws wildly to home, the ball bouncing into the stands.

Jones and Markakis scored easily. And I think the umps initially awarded Reimold home (or he just took it). Umpires consulted or something and they rules that Reimold had to stay at third.

The rule is 2 bases from time of throw. So essentially they were saying that Reimold, with a lead and breaking on contact, could not run 80 or so feet before Gutierrez could get to the ball, crow hop, and fire home. I find that a dubious claim, but there was never a good enough camera angle to see exactly where Reimold was at the time of the throw, so we don't know for certain.

Okay thanks. I knew the rule, I just wasn't sure how it was applied to the situation.

Seems like it was likely a bad call.

Archived