Trembley's tirade

Frobby

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a fair point, and I'll agree that Trembley isn't faking anything here.

I was just pointing out that we've seen this before, so to simply praise it without any perspective sounds like we're forgetting the past (or worse, ignoring it).

Let's see what happens the rest of the first-half and the beginning of the second-half before we start seeing this as anything other than what it is: Trembley getting honestly upset at a call and using his anger as an attempt to motivate the team. Hopefully it works.

That's the thing though. I don't see this incident or many of DT's animated arguments primary purpose as a motivation. He's not Lou Pinella or Earl Weaver out there acting like an ass and putting on a show making it about him. It's not a lame attempt at motivation like the Mazzilli incident. He is out there arguing because his team is getting bent over and has been getting bent over for awhile. He's out there fighting for his kids to get a fair shake and the hope is the kids see their leader out there going to war for them and have his back.

The best part of Trembley's ejection was the words he was saying to the umpire. The camera caught him perfectly.

He screamed at the umpire something like:

"You're killing me. And you know me, I don't say nothing. You're killing me."

Then the ump says something and he goes on the "So you're telling me my guy didn't run hard!?" rant, which was great.

That ejection wasn't about showing up the umpires, it was about defending his players. It was great.

Archived