Trembley's tirade

Frobby

You know what the best part about this was? When you watch him jawing from the dugout after he talked to Reimold between innings, you can pretty much see his thought pattern as he goes: "give them hell, give them hell, give them hell, oh whatever, I'm going to get tossed anyway, let me go get my moneys worth!"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In your opinion is it fair to wonder if he getting through to the players or are they tuning him out if whatever he is saying/doing behind closed doors does not seem to have an impact?

Sure, of course it's fair to wonder about, if it's an event that warrants that.

However, a good portion of the game events that people raise that issue about don't seem to be relevant to the whether manager gets in their face about stuff. A whole lot of it is when a player makes a split-second decision to try something that just doesn't work. That is then followed by comments from folks who seem to think that any time something doesn't work, it indicates malfeasance or idiocy on somebody's part, which is absurd. The main things I have seen are (a) Mora needing to realize that he's suddenly slower than he's used to being, and needing to adjust accordingly, and (b) the controversy about all the hit-and-runs. Other than that, I think most of the time people bring it up, it's just not relevant.

I wonder what Bud Selig will have to say about this

Trembley also admitted that he spent the rest of the game following his ejection in the vicinity of the dugout, offering the occasional instruction to his coaching staff.

"I'll tell you the honest-goodness truth. I stood behind the King County sheriff, right behind him in the dugout, and he let me watch it," Trembley said. "And every once in a while he screened it for me like a pick in basketball so nobody could see me. I didn't have my hat on or my glasses on. … You laugh, you think I'm funny. You have no idea what I've gone through. No idea. I can't talk for a week now, my hat is a mess. That's OK. We won the game. We got some big hits when it counted and the guys played well. "

source - Baltimore Sun

I was wondering about this as well but forgot to address it. I would think this is not the idea of what being thrown out of a game is all about.

I think it's pretty well known that when a manager is ejected, he's still making all of the decisions, he's just making them from somewhere other than the dugout. But that may be one of those things where even though it's assumed, saying so may get you in trouble. So it will be interesting to see what happens with that, though my guess will be nothing more than what he's going to get anyway.

I was wondering about this as well but forgot to address it. I would think this is not the idea of what being thrown out of a game is all about.

At least he didn't wear the Bobby Valentine glasses and moustache. Although that would have been funny.

At least he didn't wear the Bobby Valentine glasses and moustache. Although that would have been funny.

What he should have Star Trak uniform in the clubhouse and if he gets thrown and the umps come over to the dugout say his is the celebrity guest of PA and start talking about priceline...lol:laughlol:

Awesome article posted aside, this is bs:

Yes, yes you do, Trembley. You did it to Pie.

God, here we go with the "call out" thing again.

If that was a "call out", that was the weakest call out I've ever seen.

People really need to get over this.

On that play, it is my understanding that it matters where Luke Scott was, not Reimold.

If Luke was past first, Reimold scores.

If not, he stays at 3rd.

I do not think this is correct. The reason is if the runner has to hold between 1st and second because the ball might be caught the trailing runner can't be what determines how far the lead runner advances. It simply would not be fair, IMO.

Archived